Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im Working in cetral Alabama and saw a Turkey strutting already. Isnt this a bit early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Working in cetral Alabama and saw a Turkey strutting already. Isnt this a bit early?

Im Working in cetral Alabama and saw a Turkey strutting already. Isnt this a bit early?

Central AL, sorry

Comment

Nope...had turkeys strutting on trail cam a couple weeks ago here in GA. They'll strut whenever they feel like strutting but it does not indicate that breeding is taking place. We, as hunters, associate strutting and gobbling with the breeding season because that is when we typically observe those behaviors, and that's when such behaviors are most common but, they'll strut and gobble whenever the urge strikes them to do so. This is why we hear gobbling in the fall, and see strutting at "odd" times of year.

Comment

Has it been warm lately? Usually warm weather after it's been cold for some time will make the toms want to call and strut. But they will strut and gobble year round, they just do it a lot more when they're interested in breeding.

Comment

Another lonely old fart. Nice to know I'm not the only one in this world. I did the shave and haircut so I could strut my stuff Saturday night. Sigh! No one would bite. Again. Perhaps it might help if I double my shifts at the gym and call Barry Bonds for his supplier's phone number.

Comment

It is early,but I see them strut off and on pretty much all year here in SW AL

Comment

Haven't seen any strutting in New Jersey as of yet. My last trail cam photo of turkeys stutting, was in October. I got seven toms stutting in one photo.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad