Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am in the market for new hunting boots. It is that time again when sporting good stores start putting their hunting stuff on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in the market for new hunting boots. It is that time again when sporting good stores start putting their hunting stuff on

I am in the market for new hunting boots. It is that time again when sporting good stores start putting their hunting stuff on sale. The quality of these new boots (Goretx and thinsulate) is vastly superior to what I have used for years (a string of low end department store specials). If the opportunity for 1 GOOD PAIR to last your life time came on sale, WHAT BRAND, WHAT MODEL and WHY. Should be comfortable -15F to 40F

Also water proof and safe traction on sandstone. I fall a lot (bad knees).

Comment

Any of the major retail store private label would be good buys. I tend to go for the lighter weight ones and ones that you can drive in with without hitting two peddles at the same time. Also, the round knobs on sole seem to slip more than the lug sole design - just IMHO. The warmest have been the rubber bottom with felt liners and insulated sole inserts - also use them for snowmobiling.
      For real cold i slip in insulated inserts and then toe warmers.

Comment

The Muck Boot Company is the best. I had them all. They are on sale, and you can google the Muck Boot Outlet. I have the Muck model Woody Elite Stealth Premium Hunting Boot. The best feature about these boots are their so comfortable. I do a lot a bear and deer scouting in the northern mountains of New Jersey, and I am walking on rocks all day long. The molded, durable, rubber outsole provides maximum protection and stability. They are hundred percent water proof, this boot is full camo mossy oak break up, they fit great, they have a snag-resitant cover and the ground is scent free while you walk in your hunting area. They have many models and the warmest is the Artic Pro Camo Extreme Conditions Sport Muck boots. They go down to minus sixty Fahrenheit. The Artic Pro has the same features as the Woody Elite listed above. They have over twenty models. They have boots for the Artic conditions, for duck hunting or for fall bow. Their boot sizes go from size five to a size fifteen. I am lucky, because I wear the size fourteen, and many boot companies don't make them for the big guys.

Comment

I go through a new pair of boots every year...when you find one that'll last a lifetime let me know because I've been on that search for the past 5 years. The best pair I have found are Lacrosse Alpha Burly's.

Comment

I'm left out a word. The warmest Muck boot is the Arctic Pro Camo "Professional" Extreme-Conditions Sport Muck Boot. Sorry Guys.

Comment

It all depends on what you hunt the most of. I like the Muck boots. My dad has had Bean Boots from llbean for almost 10 years now, but he only hunts maybe 10 days a year. Neither of us hunt deer much so we beat our boots up a lot.

Comment

I personally believe Lowa Hunter is the best boot around. You should check out Kenetrek as well, Lowa fit my feet better. Either boot will should last much longer than you are use too.

Comment

I have a pair of Cabelas Whitetail Extreme GoreTex Thinsulate 1200 grams. I have worn them for 7 or 8 years but then again I don't do alot of walking. They are light, warm, waterproof, and comfortable. If I was going to buy another pair of boots today it would be another pair of them. They come in 600 grams and 1200 grams of Thinsulate. They have excellent traction too. I have a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burley 1500 Gram Thinsulate but the only time I have worn them is when I traveled to Alabama to deer hunt and hunted in the deep mud.

Comment

I've been really happy with my Cabelas Pro Hunters. They are all leather Gore Tex with 1200 grams of insulation. They've held up really well for 31/2 winters now. The only problem I've had with leather/nylon and rubber/neoprene boots is longevity if you're going to walk a lot. Briers and thorns tend to take a couple of years off their lives.

I do a lot of still hunting in rifle and muzzle loader and the Pro Hunters are great. They're also warm enough to use for stand hunting and ice fishing. They're great all around boots.

Comment

I just got a pair of wolverines and I love them.

Comment

I'm with bioguy. I wear out 2 pair of alpha burlys a year, but the only person that has worn boots more than I have is older. I wear the lacross boots 18 hrs a day, year round in Maine. I hunt in them, work on a commercial lobster boat, and go to church in them.... The only slack I cut the boots is when the wind is blowing too hard or the temp is below zero. Then my feet are in my slippers.

Comment

I am not going to recommend a brand, there are several good companies out there, what is most important is a good fit.make sure you bring the socks you are going to where hunting when you try them on, and walk around in them, not just for 5 seconds. It is amusing how many people are wearing boots that just don't fit them!

Comment

Thanks ALL.

Comment

How do you hunt? Do you walk or sit more? Is insulation more important that comfort in walking long distances? Without this information, most recommendations aren't worth much.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How much is too much?
                                by jhjimbo
                                If the friend shot through a tree he must have had a full metal jacket solid. My BIL and I shot at a tree and he went through and my 30-30 penetrated...
                                Today, 10:10 PM
                              • How much is too much?
                                by FirstBubba
                                There is no doubt that a .30-06 Spgfld is more than adequate to actually slay a whitetail.

A lot of newbies come here and ask, "What...
                                Today, 09:40 AM
                              • Reply to More Bad News....
                                by jhjimbo
                                Wishing you get some reassuring news from the Vet. Be with her all you can and keep the faith. Will pray for you all. Jim
                                Today, 10:02 PM
                              • More Bad News....
                                by WA Mtnhunter
                                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                              • Reply to Who are the millions of new gun buyers going to vote for?
                                by FirstBubba
                                The hidden damage the (D)'s are doing will be insurmountable in November!
                                Sen T. Cruz (R-TX) called out Sen M. Hirono (D-HI) to denounce "Antifa"....
                                Today, 09:56 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X