Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am starting to think about next deer season already and 2 deer keep coming to mind. It was my first year hunting this propert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am starting to think about next deer season already and 2 deer keep coming to mind. It was my first year hunting this propert

I am starting to think about next deer season already and 2 deer keep coming to mind. It was my first year hunting this property and my first time to see the bucks on the place. There was a 7 point, which I hit and it lived, and an 11 point both got away this season. If you would please click on my name below and look at the pictures named "7 point" and "11 pointer" and give me a guess on their age it would be appreciated. Thanks.

They are both youngsters

Comment

Probably 2.5 yr olds

Comment

Thanks! I figured they were both young. Im hoping they will grow into some monsters.

Comment

CB11, I do not know what state this photo was taken, but if its in the midwest I say 1.5 years old. If it is the east coast, I say 2.5 years old. These bucks will be shooters next year with more mass and bigger racks. Good luck.

Comment

neither one is older than 2.5 if i had to guess, and I'd prolly put the 7 as a good 1.5 year old. Give them a year or two and they could explode. But at the same time, They're both beautiful deer now and if that's a trophy to you go for it! I don't know what the land is like, but if there isn't a whole lot of pressure i'd let them walk a couple of years. I'm not so much a trophy hunter though, I just like seeing their potential and watching them as the mature. It's cool to have history with a deer you are hunting in my opinion. Good luck keeping tabs on them!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad