Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone noticed deer droping antlers yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone noticed deer droping antlers yet?

has anyone noticed deer droping antlers yet?

It's a bit early yet. I'd give it at least another month. I'm sure there are some that have dropped, bit they would be the exception rather that the rule
    March and early April are big in my area since we're out scouting turkeys anyway.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen a buck in a couple weeks. I don't have my camera up anymore so I don't know for sure. I have heard of guys finding antlers around the beginning of February

Comment

The only way I will find a deer antler is if I step on one, or see one walking out to my trail cameras. I not going out on a Easter Egg just to find a deer antler.

Comment

I should of said an Easter Egg Hunt

Comment

Seen a few one-horn bucks, but i'm not sure if they shed'em or lost'em in a fight.

Comment

They are starting to drop in central IL

Comment

I saw four bucks the other day, they all had both antlers except for a smaller one that only had one. It was in central MN.

Comment

Give it a month in Ohio.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I stuck a small salt block in a growing stump with good sized branches hope that i might knock some horns loose as they reach in for it. I have a camera on it too.

Comment

There is a spotrsmans club up in the allegheny mountains that has about 15 feeders up in the forest. We often drive to those feeders and check them with some success over the years. Up there though the snow is usually pretty deep and ice generally covers everything. Get a couple sunny days though and you have a good chance of finding at least a spike.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad