Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when is the best time to go shed hunting in kentucky? where to look? bedding? food plots? hardwoods? pond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when is the best time to go shed hunting in kentucky? where to look? bedding? food plots? hardwoods? pond?

when is the best time to go shed hunting in kentucky? where to look? bedding? food plots? hardwoods? pond?

Depends on the severity of the winter. Most deer drop in February . Look around fence lines where deer cross. Bedding areas are good too but I'd rather cover more ground and zip around on a 4 wheeler along fence lines. It's a lot more fun too.

Comment

The aveage time for antler drops are from January to March. I know there are rare cases of December early drop antlers and April late drop antlers. Check all the fields where the deer feed. Most farmers find them while their on their tracker plowing. Good Luck.

Comment

Generally you'll find them in bedding areas, food plots, or travel corridors between the two because they are on a bedding/feeding routine during the winter.

Comment

I have found them in and around creek beds and in the creek.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad