Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dog steals and sucks eggs. Does anyone know any tricks to get him to stop? He is still a puppy, so I think I can get him to s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog steals and sucks eggs. Does anyone know any tricks to get him to stop? He is still a puppy, so I think I can get him to s

My dog steals and sucks eggs. Does anyone know any tricks to get him to stop? He is still a puppy, so I think I can get him to stop, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about stopping it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Cayenne pepper

Comment

Johnny Cash wrote a song about that I think...

Comment

Put a lock on the refrigerator:-)

Comment

About 20cc's of ACE applied IV will solve the problem forever. A dose of .22 lr has the same effect.

Seriously, that's one of those habits it's impossible to break. Just one of them "thangs"!

Comment

WAM

Wrll he's not very handsome to look at
            He's dirty and he eats like a hog
            And he's always killin' my chickens
            That dirty old egg suckin' dog (dawg?)

Egg sucki.g dog
            I'm gonna stomp your head in the ground
            If'n you don't stop eatin' my eggs up
            You dirty old egg sucking hound!

Comment

The only thing worse than an egg suckin' dog, is a dog that sucks eggs.

Comment

Not gone be doin' any shootn' or head stompn' or anything like that. When he did it yesterday, I smacked him on the head a couple of times, told him NO! several times, and then tied him up for awhile. He can't actually get the eggs out of the coop, but we sometimes let the chickens out. If a chicken lays an egg while they are out and he finds it he picks it up and runs.

Matthew Matzek- Is that a joke! It seems like something like that might work, but every one else is joking.

Comment

Count your blessings. I once had a neighbor back in Texas who shot one of his own free-ranging chickens. Before he could collect the dead chicken, his Rottweiler picked it up, and found out where that great tasting food came from.
                  After that, the dog was hooked on live chickens!

Comment

Puppies will pick up anything that interests them, food or not. Keep your chickens up and put a newspaper to that pup's backside if you catch it with an egg or messing with chickens. My Lab had to retrieve a few chickens before I broke him of that habit. Now he totally ignores them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad