Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just out of curasitsity (know its spelled wrong)I was wondering, the members who have the most points get chosen first for gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just out of curasitsity (know its spelled wrong)I was wondering, the members who have the most points get chosen first for gear

Just out of curasitsity (know its spelled wrong)I was wondering, the members who have the most points get chosen first for gear test right? Now the second question is if you are chosen for gear test do you lose your points and have to start over again? One last question what types of gear? And how much and often?

No, not as far as I know to both of your first questions, as for the last, all kinds as far as I know.(haven't been chosen) Hope this helps.

Comment

If thats the case how do new comers ever catch up to the poeple that have been on here for awhile?

Comment

points mean nothing. it's really just about helping people out, sharing your knowledge, and having fun. who cares who has the most points? just because your name has 5 stars by it doesn't mean you know more than everyone else. a 4 star asked if he could shoot 25-06 bullets out of a 30-06. means nothing. points just mean you're on here more often.

Comment

kyle,
          Reid has it right. You could have a million points, but if it's from posting unhelpful answers or asking silly questions your not going to be selected for a gear test. If you are selected it could be anything, so accept if you think your qualified for that gear or decline. And as I know it, if you are selected you are then put to the end of the line.

Comment

I've read that they "choose" people from beginers to experts to test stuff. The guys are right, stars/points are just somting to look at when your asking for advice,if in doubt ask again or look at who has the most answers the same(majority).
            Hope this helps.

Comment

well I look at this website as not a competition but to have fun talking to some good people about the outdoors, not trying to catch up to anybody because I believe field and stream doesn't look entirely at the points but the quality of what you put on here, anyone correct me if they think I'm wrong.

Comment

If sheer volume was the reason for choice, then the least qualified would always be at the top of the list. So, no, I do not believe that is the criteria.

Disclaimer: This is why the joining date should be on the profile. The kids who want high ratings post hundreds a week, but the "old guys" have been here much longer.

Comment

I hope you get to test gear soon!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad