Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know this old news but back in 04 when the Wisconsin deer hunters were killed by the ST.Paul man, I was wondering how much att

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this old news but back in 04 when the Wisconsin deer hunters were killed by the ST.Paul man, I was wondering how much att

I know this old news but back in 04 when the Wisconsin deer hunters were killed by the ST.Paul man, I was wondering how much attention did that get around the country? How about on here? Not sure if you know it was a major issue up in WI. I was pretty upset about the whole deal because I knew 2 of them pretty good. Whats your opinion about this? Did Vang get what he deserved?

I heard about it in Colo. and family did in Ark.
    not sure what what he got, but if it was'nt "lethal" then no.
    I also heard about the memorial for these guys with engraved bricks, that was pretty nice, To bad I read that P.E.T.A was allowed to put one there, saying that they got what they deserved for killing innocent animals.

Comment

six life terms and 80 years yeah P.E.T.A issue was big Vang said 4 desereved to die then claiming self defense too what ever.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, I said a prayer for them and their family/friends when I heard. Hope this don't stop you from hunting.

Comment

i didn't hear what happend? sounds sad

Comment

Yes, I heard about it and yes it was huge nation wide. If that killer didn't get the death penalty than no he did not get what he deserved. The man took four lives, in my mind he needs to give up his own for that.

Comment

I live in MN, so we obviously heard about it. Quite frankly most were embarrassed he was associated with St Paul. Unfortunately we don't have the death penalty here.

Comment

i live in virginia i we heard alot about it but we also have alot of hunters in the state. i even watched a tv show were they showed him prison and asked him some questions i think the show was (LOCKUP RAW) or something like that on MSNBC.im not defending anybody but its did seem like he was right in the head to me but it is truely a terrible thing to have happen to you or be involed in.

Comment

Yes we heard about it here in Kentucky.
                  It was all over the news, and everyone realized that it could happen anywhere!

Comment

i live in CT this is the first im hearing about it. what happened?

Comment

never mind i just looked it up. how could they have argued self defense? there was only one gun between the eight of them. if i was on your property and went after you unarmed would you have shot me? and if so i understand but there is no need for a lethal kill i dont think anyone in their right mind would feel that threatened.

Comment

Yeah it was pretty upsetting for just a dispute over a tree stand that that man would go to such extremes. I do realize though that there are people who care, I was at a Ted Nugent concert and some people had a sign that read something about them and when Ted saw it he gave a shout out about it.

Comment

Yes, this was National News. Big headline getter and fuel for both anti-gunners and anti-hunting groups. Luckily incidents like this are extremely rare in the hunting and shooting community. This guy got what he deserved, short of being put to death. Tragically, no sentence will bring back the dead.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad