Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else seeing a big mast crop? We apparently have one in mid-Virginia. And I am seeing some mighty big acorns. Check out m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else seeing a big mast crop? We apparently have one in mid-Virginia. And I am seeing some mighty big acorns. Check out m

Anybody else seeing a big mast crop? We apparently have one in mid-Virginia. And I am seeing some mighty big acorns. Check out my photos section!

Here in eastern WV you can hardly take a step in the woods without falling for all of the acorns on the ground. They also seem to be larger this year too for some reason. I can tell it too because all of the deer at the hunting camp look to be really fat.

Comment

Here in SW Alabama the water oaks, laurel oaks and red oaks are producing a good crop which is a surprise after the record mast crop last year. Haven't seen many white oak acorns.

Comment

In OK. I'm not seeing too many acorns in my neck of the woods. Drought this summer.

Comment

Great crop of acorns in New Jersey, also. A lot of bear scat and deer sign, with those acorns.

Comment

Haven’t been out YET. I am still fishing on my weekends. Nothing better than dawn on a lake or river and you are alone, just you, your thoughts and he water and your coffee.

Soon the rods will go in the closet and the hunting gear comes out. But not quite yet.

Comment

Lots of acorns in S.Jersey.

Comment

SW Virginia is having a pretty stout crop, and the deer are hitting them hard right now.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad