Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best climbing tree stand and why is it the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Munyiri
    replied
    hello throughout that some of the best quality climbing tree stand were the ones which hard alight weight and were very easy to use bu later on after viewing this post my overall view point on different types of climbing stands have achanged since then

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Lone Wolfs!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Lone Wolfs!

Leave a comment:

• Terminalor
    replied
    Have had 2 Tree Lounges. Most comfortable stand period. Very heavey and combersome. Not to be confused with protable. pThe other roblem is they are so noisy climbing that every animal in the woods knows you are there. I have even left the stand up the tree and climbed with tree climbers to get in the stand. Very usafe practice as your weight is in the wrong place getting in and out. Going to get something else that is more quiet, lighter and more packable. Haven't decided yet.

Leave a comment:

• huntcamp
    replied
    I have a friend with a tree lounge, very expensive, but the most comfortable stand of any type that I have ever sat in. My dad has an Equalizer Magnum, pretty nice also.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    I love my friends Summit Viper... plan on getting me one as soon as the money comes in. It is one hell of a stand that is so comfortable, I end up falling asleep. Almost more comfortable than my bed!

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    My Summit Goliath (I'm 6'3" 260 lb) is my favorite. So big and comfy it's no chore to sit all day. I have a Loc-on and a Gorilla (both are strap or chain attached) and 2 or 3 hours is about all I can take sitting in either. Wanted to know what everyone else used.

Leave a comment:

• T
    replied
    I like Lone Wolfs just like buckhunter said. They are easy to carry and have bow holders which are reel handy. They are a little pricey but very good quality.

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    Summit Viper, very light easy to turn into backpack and comfortable. Summit's get expensive but you cant buy anything cheap in the world of bowhunting, lol. Mine was only 200, wouldnt want to have anything else.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Lone Wolf. It's light, compact, folds flat, carrys easy, goes on and up a tree quietly, comfortable, will hold 350 lbs., adjustable, does not slip, has built in bow holder, safe...

I could go on and on. I live in mine and I love it.

They are pricey but worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkfin
    replied
    Oh, by the way, I personally have hated every Tree Lounge I've ever used. But the buddy I borrowed them from love them.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkfin
    replied
    Del, that almost like asking who's got the best Mom. Every hunter I know like a different tree stand for different reasons. I've got an old Cottonwood from Warran Sweat that is light but noisy, so I picked up a cheapo at Dick's from Comfort Zone that is really comfortable and I've killed lots of deer from it but it weighs 30+- lbs. Last season I saw one at Dick's from F&S that looks almost identical to the Comfort Zone stand but weighs 21 lbs so I bought it for $150. I've got buddies that swear by their Summits, Buckshots, Gorrilas, etc. You're going to have to fish your way around some and find the best stand for your butt, budget and back. I suggest something that weighs about 20lbs. It doesn't seem to bad at first but a 30lb stand and a backpack full of "hunting stuff" will kick your butt after about 1/2 mile. In case your a bigger guy, keep in mind some stands are only rated for 250lbs.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    Tree lounge. its heavy but easy to use, and the most comfortable stand you will ever sit in.

Leave a comment:

• What is the best climbing tree stand and why is it the best?

What is the best climbing tree stand and why is it the best?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad