Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU get your deer out of the woods to the truck? I use a Cabelas game hauler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Drag it the old fashioned way!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Drag it the old fashioned way!

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    I go get my 4 wheeler and haul or drag the deer back to camp. Over the years I have done my share of dragging deer by hand.

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Kubota tractor with a front loader.

Leave a comment:

• huntcamp
    replied
    Drag to trail than get ATV. Drug enough the old fashioned way, so now I cheat.

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    Luckily for me my hunting buddy has an atv. Sometimes I have to drag the deer to the trail, but that is nothing compared to what many others have to go through.

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    paracord line and my dad

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    drag it the old fashioned way

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    550 cord and a stick usually. Horns if it has em and a hunting buddy! 4 wheelers and 4wd work real well also.

Leave a comment:

• T
    replied
    A 6 foot 4 dad's friend. They're great you should check one out some time.

Leave a comment:

• trailertrash
    replied
    I drag it out with my drag rope or if it's too big I find a couple stong sticks and make a travois.

Leave a comment:

• rjbedrock
    replied
    The old fashion way, DRAG IT!!

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Spence thats a good idea. The last three years I've looked in stores for those 5 ft. plastic sleds we'd use on snow but it seems they've gone out of style. Every year I plan on using a stick with a 10 ft rope tied on each end and to the deer and then get inside, sort of like pushing a lawn mower, but I'll be damned if I don't leave the rope in the truck.

Leave a comment:

• Spence
    replied
    Find an old car top carrier spilt it in half tie a rope to one end and pull away. the plastic carrier should slide over anything with ease. spence in pa.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkfin
    replied
    I use a 4-wheeler to get them to the truck. I've got a deer drag that I've modified to get them to the 4-wheeler. I hunt the thick stuff so I usually have anywhere from 75 to 200 yards to drag before I can get to the 4-wheeler. I can't remember who made the drag but it is a double harness over the shoulder blaze orange drag that came with a small ring and light weight rope. I broke the rope the first year and bent the ring the second so I replaced it with heavier duty stuff. I cinch the deer up and take off slow and steady.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad