Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU get your deer out of the woods to the truck? I use a Cabelas game hauler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do YOU get your deer out of the woods to the truck? I use a Cabelas game hauler.

How do YOU get your deer out of the woods to the truck? I use a Cabelas game hauler.

A rope and sweat and time.

Comment

21 year old son. They are expensive but handy.

Comment

Del, the best dear drag I’ve ever used and still have is a shoulder harness that has 2” straps and a bid “D” ring in the center of the back to tie a rope to. Tie one end to the head or horns lean into it and away you go and you’re using equal force with your legs. I can haul a deer faster and easier with it than two people dragging the old way by grabbing the horn with one hand.

Comment

I am still young, so I use just myself

Comment

leg power, wishin i had a four-wheeler

Comment

A little sweat unless I can manuver my 4-wheeler to it. I try and shoot deer that are in the open but that never seems to happen.

Comment

buckhunter has the right idea! Except im on the shorter end of the stick. In other words my father still uses me. But its ok, I understand once you get over 50 you shouldnt have to do manual labor, thats why we have escalators on our stands that way the old folk dont have to climb!

Comment

Iven never used anything but the good old fashioned rope. Being younger I can still hack it and its gets the blood pumping. For the bigger ones I cant drag myself Ill call or go get help.

Comment

I use a 4-wheeler to get them to the truck. I've got a deer drag that I've modified to get them to the 4-wheeler. I hunt the thick stuff so I usually have anywhere from 75 to 200 yards to drag before I can get to the 4-wheeler. I can't remember who made the drag but it is a double harness over the shoulder blaze orange drag that came with a small ring and light weight rope. I broke the rope the first year and bent the ring the second so I replaced it with heavier duty stuff. I cinch the deer up and take off slow and steady.

Comment

Find an old car top carrier spilt it in half tie a rope to one end and pull away. the plastic carrier should slide over anything with ease. spence in pa.

Comment

Spence thats a good idea. The last three years I've looked in stores for those 5 ft. plastic sleds we'd use on snow but it seems they've gone out of style. Every year I plan on using a stick with a 10 ft rope tied on each end and to the deer and then get inside, sort of like pushing a lawn mower, but I'll be damned if I don't leave the rope in the truck.

Comment

The old fashion way, DRAG IT!!

Comment

I drag it out with my drag rope or if it's too big I find a couple stong sticks and make a travois.

Comment

A 6 foot 4 dad's friend. They're great you should check one out some time.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by 99explorer
                                CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                                Anybody
                                Today, 01:09 AM
                              • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by 99explorer
                                Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                                Today, 12:57 AM
                              • The George Floyd case.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                                Minnesota...
                                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by crm3006
                                My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                                Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X