Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a better caliber for hunting white-tailed deer, 30-06 or .270?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Lite Beer and decaf coffee drinkers will like the .20 Win much better.

Comment

WAM I would like to take a moment to say thank you to your comments as they bring laughter into my day, and I can look at them and agree on all parts, the beer, the coffee, and the round. Its true my friend is a light beer drinker and loves the .270

Comment

30-06. but u cant go wrong whith a 270.

Comment

You really can't go wrong with either caliber, although I think the '06 is more than you need for whitetail deer and therefore favor the .270.

Comment

30-06 punches alot more punch but more damage

Comment

I have and shoot both and love the .270 but if you handload the 30-06 is much more versatile due to bullet selection. There are many more bullets to choose; from 110 grains to 220 grains.

Comment

the 30-06 will put a lot more hit than the 270 but both are great rounds to hunt with, also if you dont like recoil than get the 270, it is less than the 30-06

Comment

30-06 Im using a Remington 700 I love it and my freezer stays full.

Comment

I favour the .270 the .30-06 is over kill to me, .270 with a 100 grain bullet will go through the shoulder and mess up the lungs and heart but won't go through the internals. The only meat damaged is the entry hole. I'd use a 30-06 for a moose not a deer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to topic
                      by franchi20
                      Pick edit at the bottom of your post; choices will show up in a bar and include "delete". That will do what you want. Just for fun, l purposely...
                      Today, 07:03 PM
                    • topic
                      by jhjimbo
                      08-06-2022, 08:29 PM
                    • Reply to Looking for a grain mill.
                      by FirstBubba
                      Back in the mid 80's, I was working as a rough carpenter in Dallas.
                      Showed up for work one morning and there was this dirty, longhaired, ragged...
                      Today, 06:45 PM
                    • Looking for a grain mill.
                      by FirstBubba
                      Recently found a local "niche" market for home ground whole wheat flour and cornmeal.
                      I have one grain mill, but a second would mean I...
                      08-06-2022, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to topic
                      by Danbo
                      I have erased topics I decided not to keep up.
                      We're just having fun,
                      This is also the most interesting topic currently going in my opini...
                      Today, 06:35 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X