Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justice David Souter is retiring from the Supreme Court. What do you think this will mean to us "Sports-people(men/women)"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice David Souter is retiring from the Supreme Court. What do you think this will mean to us "Sports-people(men/women)"

Justice David Souter is retiring from the Supreme Court. What do you think this will mean to us "Sports-people(men/women)"

uh 5-4 you decide. Can't be good.

Comment

uh 5-4 you decide. Can't be good.

Comment

It means Obama will seat a young, extremely liberal jurist who will serve for decades. Like brad said, not good. You know Ginsberg is going to leave soon too. As long as no Conservatives leave we may be ok. Makes me nervous.

Comment

5-4 just became 5-5, won't be long 'til it's 5-6...

Comment

No offense beekeeper, but your math is off(only 9 justices), but I get where you were going with it.

Comment

It'll remain the same. A liberal female will take his place. You can bet on it.

Comment

Sorry Big O,

Normally if I can keep the count on fingers and toes I'm OK. I do know the number of Supreme Justices... 9 as you pointed out...that should have been 3-6...just having a bad morning! Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

I'm just glad the founding fathers had the wisdom to seat and odd number of judges.

Comment

The sad part is Obama gets a say. His current policy is to appoint old college buds or old Clinton flunkies. Either is bad.

Comment

Your welcome Beekeeper, us "old guys" have to stick together ya know!

Comment

Justice Souter was seated by the original President Bush and ended up being quite the shock to the Conservative Republicans. I am not sure of the actual record but I do know that he leaned liberal on many things. Since he already alligned with the Democratic agenda on many issues, maybe we don't have too much to worry about.? I don't know where he fell on the controversial D.C. gun control case, but if he voted with the Dems and is replaced by a hardcore Dem, we should be fine for at least a little longer. It is a good time to start seriously researching our votes. As sportsmen and women we should start paying close attention to where the candidates stand on gun issues and the like.

Comment

Souter voted against the decision made in the D.C. v. Heller gun control case. He also votes with the liberals on most other issues. Having him replaced with another democrat won't really change the dynamic of the court. The only downside is that Obama will likely appoint someone young who will be there forever.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad