Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on deer attractants. That ain't too expensive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any good suggestions on deer attractants. That ain't too expensive.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on deer attractants. That ain't too expensive.

Next Doe season when you kill your doe. Save the urine in the bladder when you skin your kill. That is the cost of one bullet.

Comment

Depends on what you say is not expensive? To me a $500 foodplot is worth it's weight in gold! But takes $$$ to upkeep.

I agree with McIntyre though, save the doe bladder. OR if you kill a buck during the rut make sure you save the tarsal glands (back leg inner knee). They don't last very long but if you plan on hunting a few days after the kill then hang them in a tree. Again the cost of 1 bullet!

Comment

Before your next kill, you could try a bottled doe pee scent (ie: Tinks 69). Pay attention to the season and use a scent for the same time frame (pre-rut, peak rut, etc.). They are cheap enough that I always have on in my pack. You don't need to buy any fancy dispenser. Just take some cotton balls, or better yet, swipe a couple tampons from your wife/girlfriend/mom. They even have a string for hanging.

Comment

I once read apple juice works. I have never tried it though.

Comment

Tinks 69(great lure,cheap)there are others too.You'll want to stay away from the "CODE BLUE" line though,they work great but,"YOU WANT HOW MUCH FOR DEER PEE"(actualy over heard in store/price for 1oz. bottle $44.++)

Comment

Scouting?...Priceless

Comment

The best deer attractant is a lack of human odor. Use arm & hammer or a comercial no scent soap

Comment

apples are pretty easy just go buy some cheap ones or take some neighbors and rub them on trees then throw the rest out and it'll also act as bait.

Comment

Muskie... only thing with that is you need to be careful baiting is allowed in the area. It's 1 thing too rub the apples all over trees. But I know where I am if a Warden finds an apple under my stand and not an apple tree a million miles from me.... could spell t-r-o-u-b-l-e!
                    But if baiting is legal... by all means!

Another good cheap bait is go to the local supermarket. Talk to the produce manager. Ask him if he has any rotten/older produce you can have. Most of the time he'll let you have the lot of it. Take it to the woods... bada bing bada boom.... intstant free bait!
                    I reccommend apples, carrots, turnips, lettuce, nuts.

Comment

doe urine is an excellent cover scent

Comment

use Come er deer

Comment

I have tried all kinds of stuff but I have not found anything that seemed to work all that great.

Comment

Corn.

Where legal.

Comment

Tinks 69 for sure!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad