Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the first game animal you took, how old were you, and what did you kill it with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the first game animal you took, how old were you, and what did you kill it with?

What was the first game animal you took, how old were you, and what did you kill it with?

Bob-white quail/ .410 single shot shotgun. I think I was 6yrs. old also started taking squirrels that same year with that same shotgun.

Comment

A rabbit with a hand-me-down mossberg boltaction .410 and i can't remeber how young I was probably around 8 or 9.

Comment

Gray Squirrel, Winchester Model 190 .22 rifle. I was 5 years old.

Comment

Grouse, 8, .410 bolt action. Big game, 12, two does with one shot from my grandpa's sporterized 1891 Argentine Mauser.

Comment

I killed a wild hog when I was 8. Was using a Remington .243.

Comment

9 and a half and i shot a big doe with a .243

Comment

a doe deer and i was 15 and i shoot it with a 30-06 it was my first year out to.

Comment

Squirrel, Stevens Model 66 Bolt action .22. About 9 yrs old.

Comment

Squirrel, 10 yrs. with a 20 ga. single shot. It was bad, because I shot him from about oh, 2 feet away. Long story as to how that happened.

Comment

started hunting squirrells about 6 years old with a pellet gun and loved it when I moved up to the .22 a couple years later. otherwise I hunt everything I can now.

Comment

My first game animal was a snowshoe rabbit(actually this animal is a hare) and it was horrible, I didn't make the shot that I should have made. This hare was shot with the 22 rimfire. The second animal was a 6 pt 167 lbs whitetail shot with my dads 270 win. That I was not supposed to be shooting, or for that matter, even touching. I got so excited that I left dads rifle on the ground and dragged the deer home without gutting the animal, pretty tough drag for a young boy. When I finally got home my parents were just starting to organize a search party. I'm here to tell you that dragging that buck out was the easy part of that night!!!

Comment

The most rememable was my second year deer hunting. 9 pointer with 16 1/2 spread. I'm sure I killed squarils and rabbits before then.

Comment

13 years old at the time I think I spelled squirrels wrong, might be wrong again. LOL

Comment

with an old 303 British with the old style peep site. My Dad was so proud.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad