Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whats your favorite firearm set up for deer? (gun/scope/bullet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whats your favorite firearm set up for deer? (gun/scope/bullet)

So whats your favorite firearm set up for deer? (gun/scope/bullet)

I have 2, Weatherby Mark v ulta light with a Luepold VX2 4x12x40 shooting 100gr Barnes TTSX in front of Varget. Or a Model 7 300saum with a Leupold VX3 3.5x10x40 shooting 150gr Accubonds in front of Varget.

Comment

My favorite(im old school) Remington Mod 7-7mm/08 Compk
      18.5 Bbl..Walnut Stock, 3-9x42 Sightron Scope.
      Back-up Savage Pump Mod 170-C 30/30, Weaver K-4x32
      Ammo 7mm/08 Hornady 139Gr SSt/LM...
      30/30 Hornady 160Gr FlxTp.

Comment

Sako A7 300WSM with 3X9X50 Nikon Buckmaster scope shooting Nosler 165 grain Accubonds or
        Weatherby Vanguard Deluxe with 4X12X50 Nikon Buckmaster scope shooting 117 grain Sierra ProHunters.

Comment

Hunting down in Texas I still use a model 94 Winchester lever action 30-30 with hornady leverlution rounds and a Nikon buckmaster scope. Its old faithful, however in recent yrs I have shot with a ruger #1 in a .270 with a Nikon prostaff. It really comes down to what you are comfortable with

Comment

I carry a Remington 7600 308 topped with a Nikon 3x9x50 that groups 150 grain cor loks real good.

Comment

The gun I carry more is a Remington 700 30-06(Made in 1967) with a Leupold VXII 3-9x40.
              My favorite gun to use is a Marlin 336CS 30-30 with a peepsite.

Comment

Forgot to mention I shoot Remington Core-Lokt 150gr for both. They both group great and the ammo doesn't cost a lot so I shoot more.

Comment

For whitetails in my neck of the woods in the deep south a 7mm-08 with a 2-7 X 38 scope with a german #4 reticle is hard to beat. Ammo is loaded with either the 120 grain TTSX or the 140 grain TTSX from Barnes.

Comment

On a deer only hunt, I like my old Model 700 ADL, .308 Win with 2-7x33 Leupold spitting either a 150 Speer Hot-Cor SP or 165 Speer Grand Slam SP or the Ruger M-77, .257 Roberts with 3-9x42 Sightron S-II shooting 120 gr Nosler Partitions. Although I have killed more deer with my .35 Whelen in recent years. I must admit that I have not shot a deer since 2007 due to being a bit picky.

Comment

I use a intrarms 30-06 with a tasco 3x-9x scope with pmc 150 grain bullets. Don't know if it's my favorite but, it's all I've ever hunted with so, but i plan to get a new rifle for next season

Comment

Browning .270 win with 3-9x40 Leupold firing a 130 gr. Hornady Interlock

Comment

Remington 700 in .308 with a Leupold 2-7 scope and Hornady 165 grain GMX bullets. (Switching to the SST bullet next year)

Comment

Rem 700 264 Win Mag with 120 gr Sierra Pro Hunter bullets. It has a Leupold 3-9 on it.

Comment

Rem 760 30-06 that my late wife bought me in 1971 as a wedding present. I shoot 165 gr core loks using iron sights. NY changed the law allowing rifles in my neck of the woods a few years ago. Before the change I put venison in the freezer with a $50 used Ithaca with a 18in buck barrel with open sights.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Any Questions?
                                by fitch270
                                Tell me about it, I smile through gritted teeth at that one as I graduated HS in ‘85.

Speaking of Whitesnake.

Today, 07:52 PM
                              • TGIF; Any Questions?
                                by fitch270
                                I’ll take song titles for $1000 Alex.

Yesterday, 08:34 PM
                              • Reply to topic
                                by FirstBubba
                                You can only float the gears if the central processing unit rpm matches the hard drive ratio.
                                Double clutching also works if you find the sound...
                                Today, 07:42 PM
                              • topic
                                by jhjimbo
                                08-06-2022, 08:29 PM
                              • Reply to topic
                                by franchi20
                                Pick edit at the bottom of your post; choices will show up in a bar and include "delete". That will do what you want. Just for fun, l purposely...
                                Today, 07:03 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X