Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the ebst caliber 4 squirrels and rabbits from a rifle at 100 yards 22lr or 22wmr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Beekeeper and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    I would go with the .22 LR but you said you want it for 100 yard shots? In that case I would go with a .22 WMR or the .17 HMR. But regardless, that is a long shot on a squirrel.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    .22LR but 100 yds is a long shot for both... takes a good rifle, scope and shooter. The .22 LR is cheaper, just as accurate and doesn't ricochet around the area.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    .22 rifle from Remington or Marlin.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    22 Mag is to much gun unless you shoot them in the head!

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    If you must shoot that far with a .22, the magnum will make it easier.

If this is the kind of range I was looking at, I would be getting something in .17 HMR, or even HM2.

Leave a comment:

• slothman
    replied
    Why shoot from so far? you might hit them poorly and spoil the meat from that range!!! but if your going to do it i would say a 22wmr would be a better bet just for those shots.

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    the .22lr can hit sumthin like that at a distance but it would take time to sight in a .22 for that distance. for distance like that you may want to consider a .17 hmr

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    My choice would be the .22LR. A 100 yard shot on a squirrel or rabbit is a long one, even for the .22 WMR

Leave a comment:

• what is the ebst caliber 4 squirrels and rabbits from a rifle at 100 yards 22lr or 22wmr

what is the ebst caliber 4 squirrels and rabbits from a rifle at 100 yards 22lr or 22wmr

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad