Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my brother has a 410. shotgun do they make turkey maybe duck loads for these guns? i havn't seen any maybe someone has?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my brother has a 410. shotgun do they make turkey maybe duck loads for these guns? i havn't seen any maybe someone has?

my brother has a 410. shotgun do they make turkey maybe duck loads for these guns? i havn't seen any maybe someone has?

In some states it's illegal to hunt turkeys with a 410. I'm not sure about waterfowl but for sure there's just not enough thump there for big birds.

Comment

i didn't think there was but he (my brother) wanted me to ask

Comment

thanks anyway

Comment

Winchester brought out a 410 duck load last year as far as turkey loads go I dont know. If you want the duck loads check Cabelas or Macks Prairie Wings

Comment

i doubt it. if they did make a turkey load, it would have an inconsistent pattern. i would recommend a 20 gauge if he's a little guy. 12 gauge if hes bigger.

Comment

A .410 with 3in 4 shot will take a turkey down. Keep all shots within 20 yards. If you have a 20 or 12 I would recommnend using them and leave the .410 at home.

Comment

Try to club up, both for turkeys or ducks. .410 far from ideal for either. Doves on the other hand...it's ideal.

Comment

The .410 is commonly used as a beginner gun which is ironic, because with the small shot charge it carries, even experienced shooters find it to be a challenge to shoot. An inexperienced shooter shooting such a difficult gauge will miss and wound a lot of animals. I would not hunt anything larger than rabbits with a .410. For fast flying birds like doves, an experienced shooter with a .410 will be lucky to get 2 or 3 doves for every box of shells fired.

Comment

probably not but in some states it is legal to put down a turkey with a .410 though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad