Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of you people used any of those Burris scopes W/ the range comp? Looking at one for a shotgun/rifled barrel combo for h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of you people used any of those Burris scopes W/ the range comp? Looking at one for a shotgun/rifled barrel combo for h

Have any of you people used any of those Burris scopes W/ the range comp? Looking at one for a shotgun/rifled barrel combo for hunting in Ohio, thanks in advance.

I have one with that reticle, but I dont shoot far enough for it to be useful.

Comment

Thanks jl, are you using one on a shotgun? or rifle?

Comment

Are you talking about the Ballistic Plex? I have one and it works. I've only used it in increments out to 300yds, and it's on. Make sure you set up according to instructions, which is simple, a matter of shooting with the load your going to use. Have heard at 400-500yds it's off a tad. Who cares? Make sure you read the part in the instructions that when you practise/use the BP you have your scope dialed up to the highest power. In other words don't use it on 4 or 6 power if it's a 9 power.

Comment

I use it on .308 win. It's a fantastic scope, but our land doesn't allow shots far enough to really make them useful. The scope comes with a ballistics chart telling you how to use the increments for different calibers, which would be very helpful if I really needed it. Who knows, they may come in handy one day.

Comment

Yes I believe it is the "balistic plex" ( don't have "research" in front of me at this time. I'll be using it on a shotgun/rifled barrel combo, so if you see me shooting at 300yds. PLEASE, take the dang thing away from me! (LOL) Thanks again guys for all your help with this.
            Good Luck and Good hunting this season!

Comment

Seems excessive for something with limited range like a shotgun.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad