Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys do during the off season to feed your outdoor enthusiasm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys do during the off season to feed your outdoor enthusiasm?

What do you guys do during the off season to feed your outdoor enthusiasm?

There is no off season for this outdoorsman. Hunting, fishing, trapping, and scouting run all.... year long.

Comment

Dink around in the woods and shoot my rifle at long range turning fist size rocks into rock dust!

Comment

Shoot my bow indoors, make lures, research possible hunts for next year(even when I can't afford them) and shop clearance sales for bargains on clothing and equipment.

Comment

I live in Alaska, where the off season is nearly 7 months long...I tie a LOT of flies and mush dogs in winter...

Comment

Fish,scout,shed hunt,bargin hunt(clearance sales), research new areas and tactics,shoot rifle/bow/muzzle-loader, and last but not least do some hog and coyote hunting. Down here there is no closed season on them.

Comment

Oh I forgot "talking" to the "outdoor family" on the computer too.

Comment

go on there and talk to my friends about hunting stories.

Comment

scout my trapline fish target shoot and WOODCHUCKS!

Comment

Like Taylor said, there is nooff-season. I usually shoot my different guns and my bow or go on hikeing or boating trips.

Comment

there is always something to do outdoors hunt, fish trap scout. deer, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, in the fall along with running a trapline keeps me busy from sept through feb then i fish turkey season runs april thru may and i fish more and then there are food plots to take care of and always go to 3d shoots with my bow practice all summer long always does you some good plus in ohio hogs woodchucks and coyotes are open year round

Comment

do lots of bird pics. Durning the spring and fall sand hill mirgation I have them setting in my back 40. also lots of greese ducks etc fly through there. In the summer months the platte is full of all kinds of birds and other wildlife. In a couple of weeks I'll be planting some food plots, mostly milo indian corn, and different kinds of clover for the deer. Then I spend a lot of toime on my rifle range. Also have two large sand pits full of bass, catfish, croppie and carp. Its always fun time around here. my whole family shares in on the chores and gets to hunt, fish or shoot whatever is in season. Like the signs say---NE is the good life!!!!---

Comment

shooting, fishing, flytying. just getting in the drawing and scouting can take you most of the offseason.

Comment

i keen in own my archery skills by taking care of yard pests, fish, and go to school. o, and i talk to you guys

Comment

If I'm not hunting or fishing I'm preparing to do so.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad