Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gun making company do you believe makes the best guns to hunt with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gun making company do you believe makes the best guns to hunt with.

What gun making company do you believe makes the best guns to hunt with.

Shilo Sharps

Comment

They all have thier good points and bad points. I basically comes down to personal preference. I tend to be a Ruger man but I own firearms from all the popular gun companies and some not so popular!

Comment

Winchester and Remington.

Comment

There is a lot of competition in the gun market; and in such a market you usually get what you pay for. the higher end guns are higher in price.

Comment

Tikka's are about the best for the $ out on the market in my opinion.

Comment

Git you one'a them new Weatherby 399's.

Lots of very expensive manufacturers out there will do everything they can to tell you they are the best. I've never had any issues with the Brownings, Remingtons, Mossbergs or Savages I've owned.

Comment

Well, Remington makes the 700, the most popular rifle, and the 870, easily the most popular shotgun. I have neither at the moment haha. I do have a Remington 600, though.

Comment

Remington has the classic 700. And also the 870. Probably the 2 best guns ever made.

Comment

Ruger's M77. Remington's 700 and 870. Winchester's 70 and ALL shotguns are nice. Savage's Accutrigger. Tikka's good priced and shoots GREAT. Kimber is expensive but beautiful and is a nice rifle. Marlin is cheaper and reliable, great rifles. Benelli is in my opinion BY FAR the best shotgun manufacturer. Franchi makes beautiful auto-loading shotguns. Browning's A-Bolt and X-Bolt rifles. I don't know if any of them make the BEST hunting rifle. the BEST hunting rifle is the rifle that fits you best. the one you feel comfortable with. the rifle or shotgun that you know the best. but these all surely are top of the line and will get the job done.

Comment

Today it is actually difficult to find a bad rifle compared to a couple decades ago. I pretty much agree with everyone else regarding the brands specified but also consider Kimbers, Montana Rifles, Sako, and Cooper Arms to be among the best. I not happy about Dan Cooper's presidential campaign contribution but neither was his employees.
                      Shane: The Rem M-600 is probably more popular now than when they made them. You are most likely aware that there is considerable collector interest. I was wondering what caliber you rifle might be since you could have a gun worth more than you think. By the way I'm not one of those collectors and am not interested in buying the rifle, just wondering if it might be a 6.5 or a .350 mag or a laminated stock version.

Comment

If your looking for a good priced package(scope/rifle)and great shooting out of the box go with Savage. As for a shot-guns go I'd go with either a 870 or a mossberg(hey U.S.M.C. stand by and fight with both).

Comment

Depends on what you are hunting and at what range you expect to take a shot. I personally use a Marlin 1894 chambered in 44 magnum for most of my hunting.

Comment

Weatherby and Sako for out of the box quality. Remington and Tikka for value for your $$$. Savage for cheapest accurate rifle on average.

Comment

Winchester

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad