No announcement yet.

Which state has the biggest white tail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which state has the biggest white tail?

Which state has the biggest white tail?

I would say any of the Midwest States, Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, in no particular order.

Comment

Biggest racks? Biggest bodies? Ohio has big both. Texas seems to be loaded with huge racks on tiny deer. Maine has huge deer with mediocre racks.

Comment

Body wise, the colder the climate, the more massive the deer!

Comment

Gotta go with the above guys on this one. Canada is not a state but they have huge deer with huge antlers.

Comment

canada of course. but Iowa has some MASSIVE racked deer

Comment

If you want to shoot a whitetail that looks like horse, go to Saskatchewan. Be afraid.

Comment

go to minnesota they have giant racks and huge bodies

Comment

Theres some big bucks up there in the U.P. wisconsin and minnesota. The farther north you go the species are fewer in number but larger in size. My dads hunting buddy got a big 8 pt in the U.P. in the early 7o's that hung in camp for 2 weeks and when they got back home it still weighed 212lbs dressed weight.

Comment

As for bodies, North ='s bigger, as for racks, don't count out Missouri along w/Kansas, Illinois,Iowa, Ohio,etc. etc..

Comment

Agree with what everyone else said about canada and the midmest, but also Marylands Eastern Shore has been producing some big bucks (antlers wise), along with Kentucky as well.

Comment

I hunted the eastern South Dakota / Iowa border and did a little taxidermy there... amzazing size on the whitetails and big racks... corn fed all the way and they stoke up for winter... I saw one from 5 feet with my bow 40 years ago (never got him though) that I still dream about. He had crossed over from Iowa when their shotgun season opened. 8 heavy points on each side with an elk spread. His brisket looked like an angus steer. I'm sure they grow plenty big throughout the midwest where there is corn and cold. S.Dak muleys aren't as big as the mountain states and Canada... they eat sage brush. They will get over 200 lbs but really heavy racks just aren't common.

Comment

If I remember right they go like this Mich., Ill.,Iowa, Ohio for the U.S. top 4, But like has been said if you go to Canada, you better bring you "A' game and extra clean under-shorts, MAN those deer are BIG !!!

Comment

More corn- bigger antlers.
                            More cold- bigger body.

Comment

thanks guys looks like iam going to wisconsin got fam and private land.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad