Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone every use the buck growl or roar made by Primos and MAD? If so, what kind of results did you get from these types of call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone every use the buck growl or roar made by Primos and MAD? If so, what kind of results did you get from these types of call

Anyone every use the buck growl or roar made by Primos and MAD? If so, what kind of results did you get from these types of calls?

I have the MAD call and have called in 2 ten point bucks and killed them with my bow in the last 2 years. If you click my username and go to my photos there are pics of both bucks. I'm convinced that thing really works. In fact I have rattled may times and got nothing. This is tha only calling that has ever worked for me. Use it when you see a buck in the distance to call him in. Blind calling will just educate your bucks. They will circle downwind detect you and leave. It's also a good idea to be in a position to shoot downwind or have a barrier like a river to prevent bucks getting downwind of you.

Comment

I have used the Buck Growl,this past year and had a 150+ come in lookin' for a fight!
      Before he could get within range, another agressive Bruiser came from a different direction and intercepted the 150+.

It was a knock down, drag out, with the other Bruiser tucking his tail and vanishing.
      At the last moment, a hot doe appeared and left the 150+ standing until he decided to follow her over the ridge.

I could hear the fighting continuing and decided to get down and follow them. It lasted well over 45-minutes, and worst of all, I left my camera at the truck.

Comment

The only bad thing about this call is that if the buck you're after isn't particularly big and bad, it can actually scare him away. He thinks uh oh big angry buck better run. But hopefully, you're only after the big bad ones.

Comment

i have a the M.A.D calls version and the only luck i've had with it was for one reason or another i pissed off a doe she hoped the fence next door and came in snorting and all kinds of other wierd nosies
          she was looking for a fight so i but a slug behind her shoulder with my single shot 20ga. from around 45 yards.

Comment

I've got the Primos call, and I think it works well. I had good luck w/it this past archery/gun season. Don't know if it was the "roar" necessarily, but the grunts are very deep, and seem to carry a ways.

Comment

i have the growl and its awesome

Comment

I had Primos Call and did not have any Luck yet???

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad