Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any experience with or recommendations on lighted arrow nocks. I shoot Carbon Express Maxima Hunters and was wonderi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any experience with or recommendations on lighted arrow nocks. I shoot Carbon Express Maxima Hunters and was wonderi

Anyone have any experience with or recommendations on lighted arrow nocks. I shoot Carbon Express Maxima Hunters and was wondering if the extra weight has much affect on arrow flight? Also Lumenok vs Easton Tracer?

The Lumenocks are a slight bit heavier than your normal nock. However, inside 20 yards I didn't notice a change. But when I went to 30 and beyond yes. So be sure you re calibrate and enjoy the new light show!

Comment

I had no flight difference in my arrow at any range this year. Whatever you do though, don't get the Carbon Express Lumenocks! I DO NOT recommend them. On the outside of the part that sticks into your arrow shaft the nock has little teeth. The teeth are there to secure the nock inside the arrow so it doesn't move. Unfortunately, these teeth are made out of plastic and after about 20 shots with the Carbon Express Lumenock, they no longer trigger when shot because the teeth get stripped. Now if you're only gonna shoot 5 shots with em all year. Than they'll work.

I'd go with a light up nock that gets triggered as it passes through the rest.

Comment

I wouldn't know how they would work espeacially if your animal you shot runs away and you are in a huge dense forest. That might be a little tricky. Plus they are expensive espeasialy if you lose your arrow for good.

Comment

I use Lumenok and found no change in accuracy even at 50+ yards

Comment

I love the idea and have found no difference in point of impact. My problem with them has been failure to turn on and off when they are supposed to.

Comment

I started using them last year and found little if any change in arrow flight. Mine did fail to light up when i shot a buck with it. Fortunately, i was able to see my arrow in flight and the clean pass thru, so it wasn't necessary. Would've been cool had it worked though. Worked well in practice sessions.

Comment

Got to love these LUMENOCKS, Yes the will change P.O I.(point of impact) just make sure you make adjustments at range, and as said enjoy the show! Good luck and good hunting.

Comment

Agreed with DrMike answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad