Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does everyone feel about watching TV shows in which the hunters shoot monster after monster? Most of these animals will scor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does everyone feel about watching TV shows in which the hunters shoot monster after monster? Most of these animals will scor

How does everyone feel about watching TV shows in which the hunters shoot monster after monster? Most of these animals will score over 150 and 160, as far as I am concerned I will be happy if I see one of these deer in my entire lifetime (I hunt mostly public land). I find these shows pretty entertaining but it can get depressing after a while.

it can get depressing but its entertaining, what does piss me off is when they try to make it look like the hunter is stalking an animal but the camera guy is 100 yards ahead of the hunters. or the camera guy is up a tree, that doesnt happen, its all staged. some shows dont do that and i like those though.

Comment

Yes it's depressing, where I'm at in MI, I'm lucky to see a rack that goes 120. These guys all go to outfitters and thats fine, to each their own.

Comment

Highly suspicious of where the fences are. I've been hunting for years and I've killed some nice deer, but I've never been able to run a string together like most of them do. You don't stack monster after monster in the back of the pick up unless you have something else stacked in your favor.

Comment

It definitely makes me envious sometimes. I have never even seen a deer like you see on most of those shows. Oh well, I still have a fantastic time every time I go hunting or fishing. Even little deer make me happy! Just being in the woods or on the water is enough for me most days.

Comment

It does not make me envious at all. They are not really hunting. They do not scout, prep stands or any of that, they just sit in a stand where the deer walks by like cattle. To me the work before the hunt is my favorite part of hunting. When i finally harvest that mature buck, its because of all my pervious hard word, the deer on the ground is the icing on top of the cake. If i had the option, i would much rather watch a hunting show where the host is scouting then hunting public land. he would not be shooting monster bucks consistently, he would be shooting average bucks and harvesting does, but i would find that much more appealing.

Comment

it does get kind of annoying but its still pretty cool becuse they don't all hunt fenced in areas if you look at peaple like jim shockey he hunts way out in the middle of now where in canada

Comment

it does get kind of annoying but its still pretty cool becuse they don't all hunt fenced in areas if you look at peaple like jim shockey he hunts way out in the middle of now where in canada

Comment

I think it is overated since I know I probably won't shoot one that big.

Comment

I think the shows can be entertaining but i dont feel they are depressing- I think that each little racked deer i see and harvest is extremely beautiful!!!!

let them focus on big racks... I would prefer to focus on the experience of being in the deer woods.

Comment

There are very few, if any hunting shows I find to be worth watching these days.

Comment

They can be entertaining, and I wish I could devote the time and moolah to hunting like they do. Alot of them are extremely annoying though, the hunters i mean.

Comment

I don't really watch them any more. Fake, Fake! It makes me sick with todays people idea of instant gratification.

Comment

Many of them are infomercials for the most part. Yes some of them hunt places like Canada and here in Kansas where the average buck is a real nice deer. But I strongly suspect that most are hunting deer raised like cattle behind a high fence. There are pastures in northern MO full of Elk just off highway 36 East of Chillicothe. Near La Plata, MO there is a pasture full of whitetails that are tame as sheep. Big bucks did not even stand up when I stopped on the road for a look.

Comment

I saw one show where an idiot took c'mere deer white powder and walked around his stand pouting it all over the place. Minutes later here comes the deer herd like cattle being fed. Next our hero shoots a nice buck. All you need is 5 gallons of this overpriced mineral salt.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad