Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Shot My Deer! I'm sure it has happened to a few of you. You have been scouting a certain buck all year. Capturing him on cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shane
    replied
    You didn't like the way it was handled, a.k.a. you failed to take this buck and someone else succeeded, and you are jealous. No buck is your buck until you have cleanly killed it.

What would I do? Get better at hunting than the guy that shot "your" buck.

Leave a comment:

• MNhunter23
    replied
    Nothing you really can do, everyone has their heart set on the local legend, but only one person will end up shooting him. Unfortunately this competition for well known bucks is what leads to a lot of the poaching that goes on today.

Leave a comment:

• jbird
    replied
    You don't get to claim your deer, unless of course you shot it. I know it's frustrating, but life's tough. As w/any "deer camp", you have multiple hunters chasing the same deer in the same general area. It's all part of the game. I scouted my area all summer into fall. Had 2 good stands on the same ridge. A fellow hunter w/permission to hunt this land walked in, went straight past one stand, was on his way towards the next when he took a pot-shot at a MONSTER! He hit him, and tracked him for several hundred yards before losing the blood. He looked hard all the next day, but never found the deer. Yeah, it's aggrivating, but it's hunting.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    The closest I have ever been involved in a deal like this was years ago when a fellow hunter shot a good 4 x 4 whitetail. The deer dropped at about 150 yards but immediately regained it feet and ran through a small patch of timber. There was another shot almost immediately. My friend and I walked in the direction the deer had gone. At the place when the animal had originally fallen lay about half of an antler. We picked it up and walked through the same small stand of trees. On the other side we encountered another hunter tagging the buck with the base of the antler attached to his head. My friend gave the top piece he had shot off to the hunter along with the deer. We figured the other hunter killed the deer. I know this varies from your situation but nevertheless sometimes things just don't turn out like we would prefer.

Leave a comment:

• You Shot My Deer! I'm sure it has happened to a few of you. You have been scouting a certain buck all year. Capturing him on cam

You Shot My Deer! I'm sure it has happened to a few of you. You have been scouting a certain buck all year. Capturing him on camera. Spotting him at your feeder. Laying claim to a living creature. Then the next thing you know someone else in deer camp is wrapping there tag around his antlers. This exact event happened in my camp recently and I didn't like the way it was handled. So what would you do?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad