Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone joined the North American Hunting Club? What is it like? I thinking of joining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone joined the North American Hunting Club? What is it like? I thinking of joining

Has anyone joined the North American Hunting Club? What is it like? I thinking of joining

Yes for one year. I was not impressed. American Hunter is a better magazine and you get it when you join the NRA. You get more bang for your buck with the NRA too.

Comment

I was considering joining the NAHC but decided I'd rather spend my money on what i feel is more useful like the NRA.

Comment

i was going to but i heard it wasnt that good. they advertised how they send you free stuff for joining but i figured it was a scam. plus its better to spend your money on the nra. they accually work for a cause.

Comment

I'm a memeber and there is nothing wrong with the club. The magazines are kind of repetitive, but what hunting magazine isn't? They do send you stuff to test out, which is a nice perk. I've been a member for 7 years and some of the stuff they gave me to field test is a lantern, deer scents, a gun cleaning mat, a thermo-cell, scent-lok baslayers top&bottom and head cover, and some others I can't recall. When you becaome a Life Member they take the previous yrs. you were a member, off of your total. Plus they have great writers like Chuck Adams and Bob Robb.

Comment

i agree with delinkc

Comment

I am a member of both, the NAHC is nice but I agree with what everyone else is saying that joining the NRA is a much better cause

Comment

Years ago I was member and the response to the answers was atrocious! For example one question was what’s the best gun for bear and the answer? The bigger the better! I called NAHC and the person said that was the best answer they could come up with so I dumped them!

A couple of weeks ago, I got an invite to be one of their “Trophy Members”. It had no middle initial so I thought it was for me so I decided to take them up on it. The other day I received a box with litterateur, a hat with small letters “North American Hunting Club” and large letters “TROPHY MEMBER “and test gear to try it out as promised. I noticed on the package the middle initial was my Fathers and he passed away in September of 07 and lived hour 60 miles away.
                Anyhow, I took sneak peek at the test gear and it was a gutting kit. It had one pair of cheap surgical gloves, a small hand saw great for cutting down at the bladder area, two drag ropes with handles and the ropes are too short, small wire ties for tagging etc and a locking none slip knife that didn’t have a locking mechanism.

At first it looked appealing, but after examination I’d toss the knife with no lock mechanism, the two drag ropes and gloves. I’ll use my own surgical gloves, my Super Leatherman Tool with saw, shoulder drag harness with a large “D” ring centered in back that I can out pull two people pulling one deer, Buck Knife Model 110 and probably keep the small wire ties.

Would I join? I don’t think so, thank you much!

As for the funky looking hat, I’ll let my German Shorthair have fun with it!!

I’ll just continue to wear my USAF Retired cap that has my retirement pin and my United States and Israel support flag pin!!!!!

Comment

I am a life member (about 3 years now). I pretty much joined to get the mag every year and to get the "free" gear that you get for becoming a life member. The "gear" that you get to test has been little crap so far, so don't join thinking that you are going to get a nice gun or anything. Not sure yet if it was really worth the $.

Comment

Joined the NRA!

Comment

Joined the NRA!

Comment

Originally posted by Big C View Post
                        I am a life member (about 3 years now). I pretty much joined to get the mag every year and to get the "free" gear that you get for becoming a life member. The "gear" that you get to test has been little crap so far, so don't join thinking that you are going to get a nice gun or anything. Not sure yet if it was really worth the $.
                        I became a life member awhile back, they let me make payment until I had over haft of it pay for, then I pay it in full. Than they stopped sending any thing, said that I quit making payments ad stop y membership. said that it must have been lost in the mail. never get my money back!

Comment

Originally posted by wallofsam View Post
                          I'm a memeber and there is nothing wrong with the club. The magazines are kind of repetitive, but what hunting magazine isn't? They do send you stuff to test out, which is a nice perk. I've been a member for 7 years and some of the stuff they gave me to field test is a lantern, deer scents, a gun cleaning mat, a thermo-cell, scent-lok baslayers top&bottom and head cover, and some others I can't recall. When you becaome a Life Member they take the previous yrs. you were a member, off of your total. Plus they have great writers like Chuck Adams and Bob Robb.
                          yeah good club if you like to be scammed, if you would notices that the good stuff that is field tested is up north or out west. I regret the day I became a member.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad