Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you ever been attacked by an animal? the worst thing i've ever had was a very pissed off racoon lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever been attacked by an animal? the worst thing i've ever had was a very pissed off racoon lol

have you ever been attacked by an animal? the worst thing i've ever had was a very pissed off racoon lol

chased by a dog, had my wv freshwater eel fishing ruined by an angry beaver, been surrounded by bear. yea but its all good.

Comment

Been bit by 3 dobermans, 2 rottweilers (by one twice), a German shorthair, a couple of junkyard dogs, and a chihuahua ... oh, and a couple horses and a cat (nasty infection). Never been afraid of dogs so sometimes just get too close. Does being chased by a bull count?

Comment

yea i think the bull counts lol

Comment

Interesting question. I can include also a big old mama raccoon, bull moose, various dogs and cats, cottonmouth moccasins, bulls and cows (the beef or moo-cow ones, ie domestics), turtles, horses (bites, kicks, and bucking), a mule (I tend to stay away from them after that deal), a wounded bull elk, two beavers, plus got crapped on by a robin once if that counts. Even though I have encountered a large number of bears in the last thirty years I have never endured an attack. My wife came close to attacking in Salina, Kansas after a long day on the highway at a Holiday Inn parking lot (I wanted to wait until morning to haul in the luggage but you know how that turned out).

Comment

Twice: When I was 17, I grazed a deer in the neck with a slug. He ran over a knoll and I was fast on his trail running at top speed. I crossed the knoll and there he was snorting and stomping. As I began to raise my shotgun, he charged. He moved so fast, I can't say I actually saw him move. I remember seeing my shotgun fly out of sight and I saw one of my gloves speared on his horns as he stomped and snorted for the next charge. In a split second decision, not wanting to get speared, I jumped into his horns and hugged them, not wanting to allow him to build up enough momentum to penetrate me. Its a long story from there as a 20 minute battle ensued.
            The second incident was a charge from a 325lb Russian boar. This is pretty common for them. On his first charge, I hit him between the eyes at about 15 yards as he was attacking me and the bullet ricocheted off. He veered off though and the second shot hit him at about the diaphram, exiting the other side. Later, while tracking him, he charged again and cut the tracking dog at my feet about 2 inches deep across the chest. A bullet through the heart there finally dropped him after about a 15 second time delay but it sure caused me to wonder whether a .44 Mag was enough for big boars.

Comment

No one ever thinks that a beaver can be "rude". Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you have had one crawl over the bow of a small john boat at night and try to take command!

I've also been stalked by wild dogs. Most of those episodes turned out badly for the dog... I've been charged by several wild hogs. One a large fellow, well over 400 lbs that I happend to "find" by accident as he was tending sow in heat. Glad I was well armed!

In my line of work I have been run into, over and generally slammed and shat upon by any manner of beast on the farm yard. Of those my most unfavorite is one of my neighbors Jersy Bull, Jersey Bulls for the most part are the epitomy of discontent and never let the opportunty to break something or some one in half get past them. I believe my neighbor's bull is a near relative of Satan himself. Mean and nasty he has torn up pick up trucks, small tractors, miles of fence and enough gates to bridge a large river. He will stalk you in the woods on the farm and if he catches you in the open... He most recently tore the tailgate and most of one side of the load bed off of his owners new Dodge pickup. He also did the same to the Vet's F 250. The old boy is now scheduled for the burger mill... Good ridance!

Comment

i've been chased by dogs and had some bears come near my stand but my friend has bee bitten by muskrats three times one for swimming by the den another came out of the cattails we were by fishing and the third one was a little pack of water firecrackers thrown in front of his den and he came out and bit his leg.

Comment

I once had a showdown with one tough woodchuck.I geuss I was sitting close to his trail because he kept coming back.Finally when he got about 10' away I stomped my boot on a log. He just swole up and wouldn't back down.I sat for a good 10 mins with my gun on him before I realized I was gonna have to be the one to back down.When I got up he finally took off.Let me tell you it was pretty intense,LOL.

Comment

when I was about 15, I was chased and treed by a cow moose...she scared me so badly that I forgot I had my pistol with me until I was in the tree...

was also chased by a really pissed off badger, but not very far...

sprayed by a skunk once too...

Comment

I was also followed around by a grizzly for a couple days while moose hunting, that was a bit unnerving, but nothing came of it thankfully...

Comment

I had a Ruby-Throated Warbler attack me while I was fishing.
                        One time while I was sitting motionless in my tree stand, a Redtailed Hawk swooped down,at what I thought was me,but as it turned out, he was after a squirrel that was sitting below my tree stand.

Comment

two turtle, numerous cats and dogs, one giving me a scar, and the little birds that always seem to think it funny to poop on me at bad times, once at a party and another time on my bike. I think it was the shorts that i was wearing because it was the same ones both times.

Comment

I was surrounded by a group of angry mongeese, charged by a wounded buff, charged by an unprovoked bull elephant... who was apparently intoxicated by marula fruit, treed several times by wild hogs. and thrown over a fence by my bull- who is now serving time in a rodeo. And to top it off was recently attacked by a very determined squirrel. Great fun!!

Comment

I have secret powers over most widllife, so they don't attack me, or run when I'm about to arrow them from 20 feet. I've been 10 feet from a wild bull bison. He didn't seem to mind me. He just layed down and started to doze off after a few minutes. He would wake up and look at me every 30 seconds or so, just to be sure I wasn't going to try anything stupid. Neither of us harmed the other.

snakes and rabid squirrels haven't been so agreeable with me, though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad