Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With The muzzy 100gr 3 blade, do you have to hold of to the side more than you would with your field points in the wind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With The muzzy 100gr 3 blade, do you have to hold of to the side more than you would with your field points in the wind?

With The muzzy 100gr 3 blade, do you have to hold of to the side more than you would with your field points in the wind?

No, in fact They fly and hit the same point of aim at 60 yards. I use 5575 Gold Tips.

Perhaps you need to have your equipment fitted and tuned to you, not your buddy

I hope this helps.

Comment

It would highly depend on the wind, direction of the wind and distance to the target of intent. It's like rain. Rain will cause the arrow to gain resistance and cause the arrow to drop over the course of distance.Winds under 5mph at 20 yards will slightly effect point of impact,but at 40 yards in could effect point of impact by 3". When winds get strong(over 20mph) you can best believe point of impact will be effected with or without broadheads as much as "feet" not inches. 20yards 6" to 10" depending on bow speed,arrow diameter,fletching sytle and size and tip size. The bigger fletching, head size and arrow diameter the more air it catches,and the more it more drift with the wind. But you should not be holding off or over to correct it. If at all possible use a sight with a level and learn how to use it. When shooting in cross winds hold you bow canted with the wind half a bubble and hold dead on. Practice shooting in the wind and learn what your bow setup does under the condition. The level will greatly increase your accuracy at all distances.

Comment

I always target shoot with the muzzy practice blades then switch to the sharp blades for hunting, I've never had any issue with them hitting different spots.

Comment

I'm wondering if your torquing the bow, some shooters do that when the have additional mass in front of them such as a broadhead.

Food for thought

Comment

DeerhunterRick pretty much hit it.
            One thing to consider is the fact that you are sticking your arm out and your bow is like a sail, wind can move your arm especially with a quiver attached to the bow.

Practice, practice, practice so you can learn trajectory, tuning and your own issues like torque or punching the trigger release. Most importantly how do YOUR arrows and broadheads react to environmental conditions.

Get Lon Laubers book "Bowhunters Guide to Accurate Shooting" it is excellent

Comment

If you are concerned about windage while shooting at an animal, you are too far away.

Comment

If the wind is blowing hard enough to drift an arrow, I ain't gonna be up no tree trying to kill some dang old tick infested deer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad