Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used buckwheat in a food plot? If so, how did it work? It seems that the young plants would be good food for deer and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used buckwheat in a food plot? If so, how did it work? It seems that the young plants would be good food for deer and

Has anyone used buckwheat in a food plot? If so, how did it work? It seems that the young plants would be good food for deer and the seeds for turkeys and other birds. Plus it grows well in cold areas and poor soils.

I tried it at my previous hunting spot and it grew great but, I couldn't keep the deer out of it and by the time bow season showed up the plot was decimated. Maybe if you try some of that Arrest (you spray it on a tape that is around the plot) it would help it out. A friend of mine used it and says it works great.

Comment

It works too good. As Wall said, you better plant a big plot (2-3) acres or they will hog it out!

Comment

It works ----"OH TAY!!" I crack myself up.

Comment

Agreed with wallofsam answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad