Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking into buying a climbing stand for this fall and was wondering what brand most people use. I have heard a lot of goo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking into buying a climbing stand for this fall and was wondering what brand most people use. I have heard a lot of goo

I am looking into buying a climbing stand for this fall and was wondering what brand most people use. I have heard a lot of good things about Lone Wolf but they are pretty spendy. What are your opinions?

I have a Summit Goliath and love it. So comfortable and safe I can sleep in it. Also silent, so far I've taken 5 deer from it including 2 10 pt bucks.

Comment

I have a Lone Wolf Alpha Sit and Climb. Compact, easy to carry, and quiet to set up and use. New seat is supposed to be much better than the old design. You can order longer straps for bigger diameter trees. No toe straps. You put the toes of you boots into the opening between the hinges and side bars. 1,000 gram Cabela Oufitter boots fit fine, but my pacs do not.

I also have a Summit Viper. Very comfortable and quiet but cumbersome to haul through thick underbrush. Optional climbing stirrups are much easier to use than toe straps.

Might also consider lightweight climbing sticks with a Tree Saddle.

Comment

I'm also in the market for a new climber. I have an old Lone Wolf, and am hesitant about parting with so much money for a new one. I may go with a Summit

Comment

I bought the Lone Wolf Hand Climber 2 seasons ago after owning some bargain climbers. If you're hunting public land and trying to get away from crowds, I don't think you can beat it for weight and compact design in the brush. It's reasonably comfortable, although has a fairly small platform. It also sets up quickly and is extremely quiet. I think it was worth the price. The only issue I had with it is that with the hand climber you're reaching forward to lift yourself up instead of pressing down at your sides on the bars as you are with a lot of climbers. It's a little awkward to get used to and stresses the wrist a bit. I still have no regrets on that purchase.

Comment

I have an Ole' Man and it has served me well for about 8 years now.

Comment

if your not planing on carrying it around i would go with a TREE LOUNGE.

Comment

you cant go wrong with sumit

Comment

When I used to use them I went with API. Made some noise on the way in and out of the woods though.

Comment

I have been using the same summit for 8 years now, this will probably be its last season before i get a new summit treestand. They are comfortable easy to climb with, not to heavy, plus they are resonably priced.

Comment

Mobility for hauling it around and the size it packs down to are important because I will likely be going through some fairly thick areas so maybe I should go with the Lone Wolf.

Comment

I have several times carried an older hunting partner's tree lounge in to and out of the woods. He looks real comfortable out there. It's real heavy on the trail. Particularly when you add all of the accessories and a motorcycle chain. Carrying it will keep you warm in December though.

Comment

I have been a Summit fan for years now. I've seen nothing in the other models that makes me want to change.

Comment

Lone wolf is the most portable stand I have ever used. It is also one of the most comfortable once you get it ajusted. I use alpha sit and climb combo, it packs flat and is very quiet in the tree and on your back. Ive had other stands and they are either or bulky and comfortable, or light and uncomfortable. most summits don't pack flat.

Comment

I own both the Lone Wolf and Summit Viper. The Summit has never left my workshop.

The Lone Wolf is an exceptional treestand for many reasons. Well worth the extra $100.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad