Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goin' to Ohio for a week to bowhunt deer in November on public Land. What should i hold out for? My biggest bucks so far are(Pa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goin' to Ohio for a week to bowhunt deer in November on public Land. What should i hold out for? My biggest bucks so far are(Pa)

Goin' to Ohio for a week to bowhunt deer in November on public Land. What should i hold out for? My biggest bucks so far are(Pa) 105" and 112" . Should i let a 120 class buck walk? I know they shoot some Hawgs in Ohio

im from ohio, if you go to wayne national forest you will need to go deep into the hills for the the big bucks and stay on the ridges. here you will get your best chance at some shots at some nice bucks, if you see anything in the 130's or 140's or even close you better take it, chances are if you see one this size youll only see him once so dont let him go that might be your only chance. hunting pressure is pretty thick in november because ever one is trying to get the big boys before the gun season hits cause that week is crazy in wayne with the college students huntin' and hillybilly hunters.

Comment

I would say hold out for something greater than 112", and thats it. No sense to let a buck walk that would be the biggest buck of your life, just to hope something bigger might show up.

Comment

I am always looking for a buck that is better than anything I already have. With that in mind do as mb915 said. I would add that when you are bowhunting any mature antlered buck is a trophy.

Comment

Make your trip worthwhile, the first mature buck (2+ yrs.) I'd probably take. Unless, of course there is a ton of good sign or you are seeing lots of bucks. Good Luck and let us all know how it went.

Comment

You guys are probably right. My biggest buck with a bow is actually a shade under 100". The two on my wall are rifle kills. I'm not worried about getting skunked as i will get a chance to meat hunt at home and possibly in Pa. I don't know when i'll get a chance to go to a trophy deer state again though, as I have small kids and my wife's goin' back to school. I'm still thinking hold out for the buck of a lifetime! I may not figure it out till i have a 110"er under me offering a shot

Comment

I would just take a buck that means a lot to you, that's all that matters. GOOD LUCK

Comment

I would just take a buck that means a lot to you, that's all that matters. GOOD LUCK

Comment

Sorry for error, computer froze

Comment

I would go for your personal best, although holding out for something 120" + is not a stretch at all.

Comment

Agreed with Del in KS answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad