Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a handicapped hunter that uses a crossbow, how well do the self-cocking mechanisms work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a handicapped hunter that uses a crossbow, how well do the self-cocking mechanisms work?

I am a handicapped hunter that uses a crossbow, how well do the self-cocking mechanisms work?

watcher4913
    Not knowing your ability, there are basically two type, one a cocking string that’s a two handed operation and the other is a crank mechanism built in the butt in of the stock. I’m sorry I cannot provide you with any better info, just need to seek out a reputable archery shop or better yet call Barnett Crossbows at 1-800-237-4507.

Comment

Ten-Point Crossbows uses a crank mechanism on the stock. I've used it and it is really easy to crank. Very simple to figure out too. It's great.

Comment

They work great my grandfather got a crossbow with a hand crank built into the stock and they are very easy to cock. The ones that attach to the string are still very hard to draw. I would reccomend one built into the stock.

Comment

I have never used one, but they sounds fairly easy from the responses here.

Comment

They work pretty good!

Comment

They work pretty good!

Comment

They work pretty good!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad