Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is a good scope for a marlin 30-30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a good scope for a marlin 30-30?

what is a good scope for a marlin 30-30?

A 4 by 32 power scope is good for a 30/30. you wouldn't want to go bigger than a 3-9 by 40, that way you can put see through scope rings on and have access to you iron sights as well as a scope. A Leupold, Nikon or Burris scope would be a good brand name to go with.

Comment

I agree with Rabbit above. Personally i'd put a Leupold on it, but they're expensive. My gunsmith yesterday told me the best value (cheap)scopes out there are Bushnell, and he highly recommended them. I always thought they were junk.

Comment

A good 4 X 32 will do the job quite well. Nikon is a good place to look.

Comment

I would agree on the 4x32, any thing bigger is, pardon the word, overkill.

Comment

Go with Nikon or Bushnell. Try any power you would like. I have a 3x9 power. It is a Sightron.

Comment

i own and shoot a 30-30. if it was my choice and i was making the decision for you, i would say DO NOT waste your money and buy a $2000 super-zoom leupold and put it on your 30-30. it's not worth it. with your 30-30 you won't be able to take such a long shot, you don't need so much power. a Leupold would be a very nice scope to go with though. i use a simmons 3-9 X 40. I would go with a Nikon, Simmons, or a Bushnell.

Comment

With a quality 3 or 4X scope and quality rings (just as important as the scope) you won't need iron sights. Nix the Bushnell had bad luck with them. Leupold or Sightron is the way to go. They back their scopes with an outstanding warranty. You can get the best deal on Ebay.

Comment

leopold and cabelas both have pretty good scopes but if your gun ejects from the top you might want to reconsider mounting a scope onto it

Comment

buddyboy564, Marlin rifles eject out the side. Winchester ejects out the top.

Comment

I like a Weaver 1x by 3 on a 30-30. Have a Weaver 2.5 on my 336C, but they don't make them anymore. With the 1x by 3 on 1x you can keep both eyes open.

Comment

About any 3-9 by 40 will do great.

Comment

I'd vote none on a 30-30. But if you must, I'd recommend a fixed 4 power, and money is the limit as far as brand.

Comment

I would recommend a BSA catseye 50mm.You can see about 10 min. before and after light and dark.It is not expensive and will stay sighted in very well.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad