Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I shoot through the shoot through mesh on my ground blind? I will only be shooting 15yrds with a 50lb bow (with fixed bla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I shoot through the shoot through mesh on my ground blind? I will only be shooting 15yrds with a 50lb bow (with fixed bla

Should I shoot through the shoot through mesh on my ground blind? I will only be shooting 15yrds with a 50lb bow (with fixed blade broadhead). My blind is the Barronett Grounder 250. Thanks in advance.

Only if you've practiced it.

Comment

I'm interested about this too, I've got an Ameristep and I can't wrap my mind around shooting thru the screens either, looks like it would send my arrow into the next zip code.

Comment

I wouldn't suggest too. It will affect arrow flight and if you shoot mechanical broad heads it could cause them to open in flight. There is just to many risks to take the chance at a buck of a lifetime or any other animal for that matter by shooting thru a screen. Does having the screen in really gain you any advantage? Does taking the chance make up for that advantage?

Comment

Yes it does make a difference because then the deer can't see you trough the mesh.

Comment

try cutting a small hole in the mesh to shoot through.

Comment

870, I have seen plenty of shows with deer being shot with screens removed. My point is: is the slightly added benefit of the screen make up for the disadvantage of shooting through something risking making a poor shot and injuring a deer or missing completely? This is my opinion but I would take the risk of the deer seeing me rather than the risk of my arrow being thrown of its trajectory by going through a light fabric screen. As I mentioned above if you shot mechanical broad heads you could have the broad head open up or worse yet tangle in the fabric screwing everything up. It doesn't take much to make your arrow go array.

Comment

870, I would go to their website, I found the blind you have, and it says " Blinds have replaceable mesh camo windows,ideal for archery use" but the rest made for archers that say specifically for shoot thru windows said, "Replaceable three-panel shoot-thru mesh camo windows for fixed broadhead use" Use your judgement but based from their website and my opinion I wouldn't.

Comment

well being that it says . shoot through i think that means you can shoot through it not to sure tho i would call the company and ask . lol jk . yes you can shot through it but if you have practiced and if you haven't just leave a little open and shoot through that

Comment

The effects of a shoot through screen are miminal at best. The drag through the screen does not cause any windage or yardage problems as long as you are not ontop of the window when releasing the shot. If you are it will cause a problem leaving the riser due to being too close and hand torque

Comment

It's totally fine to, I shot my deer this year through shoot through mesh without a problem. Toke him at 25 yards with an expandable and had no problems with placement or penetration. Shoot away my friend

Comment

I shot a target out of my blind and it did not effect accuracy at all. Later that day I shot a doe 15yrds away the arrow blew right through the deer(double lunged it). So I would say with fixed blades it works.

Comment

I would only shoot at game through the mesh of a ground blind if you have practiced it. That is the only way to know for sure if you can effectively do it or not. Any shots you attempt in the field should be practiced first. This is only fair to the animals you hunt. No exceptions!

Comment

I shot a doe at 18 yards right through the mesh. Perfect heart shot and zero impact on arrow flight. I can't say what effect it has at further distances but 20 yards and closer, fine! I did make sure the mesh was tight all around prior to the shot. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 870 wingmaster 101 View Post
                              Yes it does make a difference because then the deer can't see you trough the mesh.
                              What about shooting a rifle or shot gun slug through this mesh?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Driverless Cars
                                by DakotaMan
                                Yipes! That was a risky venture on Pan Am in those days. Thankfully, they didn't have many typhoons on that route. Sad to say, in 1969, trunk carriers...
                                Today, 08:53 AM
                              • Driverless Cars
                                by jhjimbo
                                Driverless cars might not recognize motorcycles....
                                08-06-2022, 07:40 PM
                              • Reply to Driverless Cars
                                by DakotaMan
                                I agree Fitch as I've done both (planes & trains). Threat detection and collision avoidance is actually much more complex in three dimensional space....
                                Today, 08:47 AM
                              • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                                by rock rat
                                Lab usually nutcases don't make it past the first couple questions of pollsters, and while they do poll for geographic diversity, asking questions about...
                                Today, 08:42 AM
                              • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                                by rock rat
                                Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
                                08-08-2022, 07:39 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X