Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much do 30 06 kick

how much do 30 06 kick

I my self have one and shoot it all the time. I think it has a pritty hard kick. some people use it to hunt elephants. So I would say its got a kick. it would be hard to shoot it standing up. Ive never tryed to, I grab ahold tight and bite my teeth together.

Comment

The .30/06 has signifigantly more kick than the .30-30 you previously asked about. The '06 is a rifle intended, in my opinion, for grown-ups, and not for the sensitive type. That said, i never feel the recoil in the field, only on the range or bench. It is not a good gun for beginner shooters and/or kids because the kick may cause them to become "Flinchers". This will not be good for accurracy.

Comment

it depends on if it is a semi auto or a bolt action, it depends on what load your shooting, my Remington 700 30-06 using Remington cor-lokt 130gr doesnt kick as bad as my 12ga pump, its really not that bad, but different brands kick different, if you can you need so shoot as many different brands and see which one you like best.

Comment

they kick very hard

Comment

I would say that a good comparison for the .30-06 would be to shoot a light 3" or a heavy 2 3/4" 12ga. load. That should give you an approximate idea of how much recoil it will have. Also, you need to remember that felt recoil is different for everyone due to the fact of the positioning of the gun in one's shoulder, the person's physical build, whether or not the gun fits the shooter, and what type of clothes the shooter has on at the time.

Comment

Ditto Streack.

Comment

Personally I don't think that it is too bad, but I would not recommend it for a young or beinning shooter.

Comment

About 18 ft lbs.

Comment

It will wake you up for shure and it will give you a red shoulder if you shoot it a lot but i like them.

Comment

About as hard as a 16ga. single shot.

Comment

barly none. dont even notice

Comment

Way too much. Don't shoot one.

Comment

Ishawooa had a good site posted a while ago called beartoothbullets.com and it has a cool recoil calculator that works pretty well, try it out

Comment

not as much as a 45/70 with no recoil pad

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad