Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much do marlin 30 30 kick

how much do marlin 30 30 kick

not too bad, I started deer hunting with one and when I stepped up to a .30-06 at age 15 I ended up with a nice black eye because I wasn't ready for the increased recoil

Comment

Not much at all. I started hunting with a 30/30 when I was 13 years old. I could handle the recoil just fine, I was only about 120 Lbs at the time.

Comment

I shot one when I was just 13 and it didn't bother me much. it DOES kick enough that you need to keep your eye a little bit back from the scope though. i got a bruise on my forehead one day when i was sighting it in. but really it doesn't kick much. if you weigh more than 130 pounds you should be just fine

Comment

Doesn't kick very much. It's a good gun to start out with. Good gun to if your going to hunt a wooded area.

Comment

i never shot one before but a bet they don't kik very hard

Comment

In the overall ratings the recoil of any bullet fired from a Marlin.30-30 compared to some other .30s it is not that bad if you are accustomed to shooting center fire rifles which fire heavier bullets. If you are a beginner wear adequate ear protection and protective glasses. Hold the rifle tightly against your shoulder, if the gun is scoped be sure you are seeing a "full circle" through the lens, and be ready for a smart shove when you pull the trigger. After a few shots you will be used to this process and it will seem easy. Good rifle choice.

Comment

i have 336 carbine and love it

Comment

I fyou don't like the kick?

Get a 25-06!

Comment

Not enough to worry about. If it is too much recoil, try lighter bullet weights, or an aftermarket recoil pad. Buying a new rifle is not always an option Clay.

Comment

i started hunting with a 30-30 when i was 8, you dont need to worry about the recoil.

Comment

About like a 28 guage shotgun

Comment

Stop asking, get someone to teach you, just do it.

Comment

almost none I would call it safe to compare with a heavy .22 unless you have sensitive shoulders or something.

Comment

Like almost not at all. I would say it kicks as much as a 223.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad