Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like mechanical or fixed blade broadheads better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like mechanical or fixed blade broadheads better?

Do you like mechanical or fixed blade broadheads better?

There's no doubt about it fixed all the way. 80% of lost animals come from mechanical broadheads.

Comment

i use mechanicals because they cutter a bigger hole with my crossbow and so they go down faster.

Comment

I have shot 6 arrows at deer since switching to the Rage 2 blade mechanical. Collected 5 deer including 2 ten point whitetails. Most fell within sight. Beware, there are mechanicals that do not perform as well. I switched when a deer was lost after a complete pass thru with a Wasp Jackhammer snd there was little blood. The Rage 2 blade cts a huge hole going in and out. Stevie Wonder could follow the blood trail. It also flies like a field point. If you go to my profile you can see the best of the two bucks.

Comment

When I first started bow hunting I wasn't a fan of mechanical broadheads but for the past four years I have been using the Rage 3-Blade expandables and am thoroughly impressed with their performance. I don't trust the 'over the top' expandables however.

Comment

Del that suprises me taht u didnt find you deer with the wasp jackhammer cause that is wut i use and have shot 2 deer and both fell within 50 yards with a monster blood trail

Comment

cut on contact muzzys or rage mech

Comment

Personally, I think the concept of fixed blades makes more since than mechanical, but after watching-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBvkpqYuBc- and all the comments you guys made about rage it sounds like that's the way to go.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBvkpqYuBc

Comment

personaly i like fixed blades better because if you miss and it goes in a tree you can pull it out unlike with a mechanical its harder to pull out.

Comment

I would go with a fixed blade all the way. Mechanical blades are good, but they brake very easily. I would go with a stinger fixed blade.

Comment

I would go with a fixed blade all the way. Mechanical blades are good, but they brake very easily. I would go with a stinger fixed blade.

Comment

Comment

I've been bowhunting for 30 years and have shot most broadheads on the market. I spent the entire season field testing the rage 3-blade for myself. I harvested 3 deer and one turkey with the rage 3 blade this year. I was very unhappy with the performance for several reasons. Stick with fixed blades. They are just as accurate, they pass straight thru the deers body leaving a large blood trial and will not open prematurely.

Comment

Fixed, untill you fall on to one of them, then i would prefer mechanical.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Biden
                                by 99explorer
                                If Biden and Harris are as far left as they come, where does that leave Bernie Sanders?
                                I understand that the other contenders on the short list
                                Today, 08:05 PM
                              • Biden
                                by Danbo
                                https://justthenews.com/accountabili...ne-allegations

He is very...
                                06-23-2020, 04:55 PM
                              • Reply to Biden
                                by 99explorer
                                I just got an email from Donald Trump soliciting campaign contributions, and taking the opportunity to bash Kamala Harris, reading as follows:
                                Today, 08:02 PM
                              • Reply to Biden
                                by FirstBubba
                                Uhhmmm........?????
                                Harris is "Jamaican", if you're looking for a more adequate "racial discriptor".
                                I'm quite certain...
                                Today, 07:56 PM
                              • Reply to Biden
                                by franchi20
                                From what I've seen, the PC and woke print media capitalize the B in black but don't capitalize the w in white. When did skin color become a nationality...
                                Today, 07:18 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X