Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When were you first capable to shoot a 12 gauge

When were you first capable to shoot a 12 gauge

i got my 20 guage in elementary school and could shoot it no problem.

Comment

I got an 1100 when I turned 9 but I had shot them before. The type of shotgun and the size of the kid are very important. Do not give a 70 lb. 8 year old a double gun.

Comment

9 or 10 years old.

Comment

soon after being born lol

Comment

About 9 or 10. I got my first 12ga for my 12th birthday.

Comment

I think I probably shot one long before I was "capable".

Comment

I shot one for the first time when i was probably 10, it was my uncles deer gun.

Comment

light trap loads at 9 or 10, slugs by 13.

Comment

oh boy. i shot my first 12 gauge when i was 7. my g-pa asked me if i wanted to shoot the 20 of the 12 gauge because i was begging to shoot a gun. and out of pure ignorance i said the 12 gauge because i thought it would be smaller. it ended up giving me a bruise on my arm and chest.

Comment

hard for everyone to believe but i shot a 12gauge when i was 5 and had no problems

Comment

um when i was twelve my family was all at my uncles house. my uncle is a big hunter. he asked me if i wanted to shoot the 12 guage. i said yes. so i did. it was a old heavy two barrel so it didnt kick as heard witch could help for younger kids i guess. but i shot it over and over till i got so tired i couldnt hold it up. it was awsome. but my arm had a bruise on it for over 2 weeks. it was worth it

Comment

I don't think I ever shot a 12 until I was about 16 when I borrowed one from an uncle. My dad only had a 20 and never gave me a shotgun. My son started the twelve at about 10 shooting trap loads.

Comment

I was probably in 7th grade when I shot my dads 12. I had my own 20. The problem with dads gun was it was a JC Higgins bolt. Basically you take a 2x4 and whittle out enough wood to fit the barreled action. Horrible on the shoulder.

Comment

I didn't start till i was 14 but my little brother shoots mine and he's 11.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad