Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use a Butt Out

anyone use a Butt Out

Yes, I use one and they are absolutely a great tool. It really simplifies field dressing and reduces the chance of contaminating good rump meat. I highly recommend them.

Comment

I tried one and didn't like it. It may be too complicated for me.

Comment

Nope, Buck knife is all I need.

Comment

Tried one on my buck this year... really did a great job

Comment

http://www.hunterspec.com/Updateable/update_display.cfm?pageID=2144&categoryID=15

http://www.hunterspec.com/indexVideoFlashPro.cfm?vidFile=BUTT_OUTNEW.flv&vid Width=320&vidHeight=240

interesting piece of equipment.

Comment

No, never seen the need for one. Good old knife works just fine!

Comment

Yeah I have heard a lot about these things but since using one I don't see the advantage of using one. The point of the tool is to not have to get your hands, knife or meat messy... well we tried it several times and it worked great going in and pulling the colon out but we still had to cut around the hole to release the colon messing up the knife. Then we had to clean off the tool thus messing up our hands anyhow. As far as the meat there was still some residue that didn't come completely out. So, save yourself the 10 bucks and keep using your knife!

Comment

i looked at this tool but decided not to change what has always worked for me in the first place.

Comment

So what do you do with it after you use it? LOL!

Comment

I've heard good reviews about them. I'd give it a shot.

Comment

Never tried one, haven't had a reason to. Seems like a waste of money and space.

Comment

I have been using one for the past three seasons, and they work great. Pull the gut out, strip the deer pellets back toward the carcass, and tie the gut in a knot. I know folks that have been gutting deer for longer than I am old that jumped on this tool when they saw it work. Cuts your gutting time by a significant amount of time, and no slips with the knife.
                          WAM- wash it good for the next time!
                          One drawback-Buttouts are absolutely useless on elk!

Comment

i think the butt out is very useful for field dressing any big game. it makes the process of removing the butt quick and easy. it also reduces the possiblity of contaminating your meat . i would reccommned the butt out to any big game hunter

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to "A little rebellion...."
                              by 99explorer
                              You jokers are just too clever by half.
                              When the Teflon Don comes up for sentencing, he can tell the judge it was just a little rebellion, inspired...
                              Today, 05:32 PM
                            • "A little rebellion...."
                              by FirstBubba
                              ...now and then is a good thing!"

This ought set off Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Stupid! LOL!
                              --------‐‐-------------------------------...
                              08-13-2022, 12:45 PM
                            • Reply to AG Garland is a real low life!
                              by franchi20
                              Merrick Garland has driven the last nail into the coffin holding any hope of reuniting this country in the near future. His demeanor shows his arrogant...
                              Today, 05:22 PM
                            • AG Garland is a real low life!
                              by FirstBubba
                              We may question why presidents pardon the people they do.
                              In the history of the United States, no person, pardoned by POTUS has had their pardon...
                              08-13-2022, 10:18 PM
                            • Reply to National Weather Bouy's
                              by MattM37
                              We used to take canoes out on the St. Lawrence in the Thousand Islands and ride the waves from the big boats. Hard thing, teaching new canoeists to...
                              Today, 05:18 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X