Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I noticed that in a lot of poaching cases lately the head and testicles have been cut off and the rest of the buck left to rot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed that in a lot of poaching cases lately the head and testicles have been cut off and the rest of the buck left to rot.

I noticed that in a lot of poaching cases lately the head and testicles have been cut off and the rest of the buck left to rot. I was wondering if anybody knew the reasoning behind this. I have heard of the testicles sometimes being used as a lucky charm to hang in a tree where you shot the buck but if its a poaching case, what's the point?

what about the antlers?

Comment

They cut off the head so I imagine they kept them. Besides I understand the reasoning for taking the head, it's the taking of the testicles that I don't understand.

Comment

You seek the testicles into your buddies hunting coat pocket. It's really good when he finds them a week later.

If your reading this Rick, HA! HA! HA!

Comment

The scrotum makes a nice cover for your gear shift knob after it dries.

Comment

sorry didn't cacth that first part I've heard of them being used in native medcie don't know if thats true though

Comment

I keep my tobaco in the sack and tell everybody its from a cape buffalo.

Comment

probably see a nice deer and are just trophy unters so they take the head for bragging rights and who knows about the rest

Comment

It was probably their first pair.

Comment

If it is a good size buck they probably want the head to sell or mount. They want the testicals either to fry them up or as you said a lucky charm.

Comment

Poachers should be shot

Comment

I have arrested alot of people for killing deer out of season, and we did a sting operation where an oriental person was buying deer antlers while they are in the velvet. They grind them up and they think it improves their sex life. I have never arrested anyone who had cut a deer's testicles off. Maybe there is a market for them too. People do not realize the money made from killing and selling illegal game. It would shock you. I retired 3 years ago after over 35 years of service. One of the latest things here in WV is the illegal taking of a type of turtle we have and selling all over the east coast as pets.

Comment

I was going to say what Sarge01 said. There are lots of uses for deer parts in oriental medicine.

Comment

They use the testicles for mockery of someone they know and use the head for mounting it!

Comment

They use the testicles for mockery of someone they know and use the head for mounting it!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Spam here is insane...
                                by FirstBubba
                                Guess I mis'splained Ernie.
                                A "moderator" should remove "spam" readily, but not be heavy handed when censoring posts....
                                Today, 07:45 PM
                              • The Spam here is insane...
                                by Ernie
                                With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
                                I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers...
                                10-16-2020, 01:51 PM
                              • Reply to Badnews on the stimulus checks.
                                by fitch270
                                Seriously. Our household income wasn’t affected at all, only thing we stimulated was the kid’s college fund.
                                Today, 07:37 PM
                              • Badnews on the stimulus checks.
                                by 99explorer
                                Democrats this week took the biggest step in months toward reaching a stimulus compromise, but the proposed deal lacks another round of $1,200 direct...
                                Today, 05:37 PM
                              • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                by 99explorer
                                The White House Coronavirus Task Force is warning Americans who celebrated Thanksgiving with other people outside their household should assume they are...
                                Today, 07:18 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X