Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody know a website that you can print off like a map of land? Or like a topograph view of an area? Because I got google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know a website that you can print off like a map of land? Or like a topograph view of an area? Because I got google

Does anybody know a website that you can print off like a map of land? Or like a topograph view of an area? Because I got google earth and LOVE it. But I want a way to print out an area so when I'm in the woods I need to be able to figure out where I am.

Here you go:

http://www.mytopo.com/index.cfm

Link is also on the Remington website.

Comment

http://maps.google.com/

there's the option of Terrain. click it. maybe that will help you

Comment

Sorry - that was a map ordering site. In Michigan we can go to our DNR site and print out aerial view maps for most of the state. Might check your state agency website. They look great on the computer screen but print quality results in a loss of detail. I expect maps that are ordered to be much higher quality ... plus you can get them laminated.

Comment

you can get pretty good maps on www.mapquesr.com

Comment

Thats a great site MLH, Sucks that you have to pay. Its great detail.

Comment

You can print an aerial photograph directly from google earth.

Comment

www.mytopo.com

Comment

You can get the maps off of google earth. I go to the area I want to print and hit the print screen key, then go to any photo editing program or word and hit paste. It's easy.

Comment

thanks guys!

Comment

Yes, you can print maps off of google earth, even click on the topo feature and make a hybrid aerial/topo map.

Tiger Map Service is also a good site:

http://tiger.census.gov/cgi-bin/mapsurfer

Comment

I swear I'm not on the payroll. Mytopo.com is the place you generate the laminated map, but a 20-dollar-per-year subscription to mapcard.com is so worthwhile it's not even funny.

Comment

Print full resolution scans of USGS topo maps at no charge from the USGS website at:

http://tinyurl.com/5n6ylr

Comment

Google Earth!!!

Comment

I use MapAndPrint.com. I did the same as yall, used google earth and others but never got the map i wanted. Turns out after some digging, NONE of the sites from Google to USGS are designed for making a prited map of your place. I have been using MapAndPrint to print out my hunting maps. They have topography and aerial and also have some tools to draw on the map. The site charges $25/yr and i got my poster size map printed at walmart for $18. I used walmart because i could get my map in an hour..... I got the 20x30 poster of my hunting lease in color satellite.

hope that helps,

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Okay, here's the second image or fore end. Note the instructions glued inside.

That clears up your BS #2 re fore end. Anything on the stock?...
                                Today, 10:12 PM
                              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by derek7
                                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                I was just trying to be kind! 😂!🤣!...
                                Today, 10:07 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Crickets !!
                                by rock rat
                                I know people in Taiwan, Singapore, and China. The first outbreak of Covid was followed in minute detail as no one had any idea if it could be controlled...
                                Today, 10:06 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X