Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my buddy shot a nice buck and i asked him what was the deer doing before he shot it and he said hauling a** to the does that wer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my buddy shot a nice buck and i asked him what was the deer doing before he shot it and he said hauling a** to the does that wer

my buddy shot a nice buck and i asked him what was the deer doing before he shot it and he said hauling a\*\* to the does that were on the trail so i think the rut is either here or near what do you think?

and should i be using my calls ?

Comment

yes, i believe that the rut is here, i'm seeing fighting and bucks zeroing in on does... go ahead and use your calls, especially rattling. good luck lefty and good hunting

Comment

thanks man good luck to you to and thanks for the advise i was actually going to wait on the rattling but im never shure when to use them so thanks

Comment

thanks man good luck to you to and thanks for the advise i was actually going to wait on the rattling but im never shure when to use them so thanks

Comment

Comment

yes its definately here in indiana. i have so many pics of buks fighting on my trail camera and when im in my stand ive seen them chasing does, and as for the rattling...YES! i only went hunting once last weekend and called in two buks by rattling and grunting (when they left i used a snort wheeze and brought one back to me)....good luck!!!

Comment

thanks good luck to you to im more of a meat hunter but a buck is meat to and if its the rut they will come

Comment

I rattled in a nice 8 pointer last Tuesday so I would say they are in the chase phase of the rut.

Comment

They are casing like mad i wisconsin i havn't seen one with his head up in the last 4 days nose just barried to the ground. They are moving in early after noon also i had 9 does/fawns and a spike come through yesterday at 10:30-11;30 the big boy came through nose to the ground at 5:30pm no luck on getting him close enough took the chanllege wheeze to get him to look.

Comment

I think it is here and almost in full swing, get out and hunt now, sit all day long if you can, they are moving or maybe they already are with hot does, good luck

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad