Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question posed yesterday has me wondering; What do you personally consider an average deer hunter? What criterion do you use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with buckhunter answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    I'm pretty average. If anything maybe a bit luckier than the gents i hunt with, but by no means a better hunter. I do know enough to put venison or turkey in the fridge, and do ok with the fish as well.

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    I would consider myself a generalist, I know enough to hunt everything reasonably well, but I am by no means an expert in any type of hunting or game. For example i could shoot a few ducks in the morning, drop a rooster at noon and arrow a doe in the evening, but never limit out or shoot a trophy.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I consider myself average and will agree with Buckhunter. I'm pretty good meaning I can keep fish and game in the freezer year round but I may have a dry spell either by missing a good shot or just not seeing anything. I take it in stride because everyday in the field is a Blessing and something to be cherished and remembered. There are way to few of them in the future I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• benjismokin
    replied
    I agree with buckhunter! I would love to be out in the woods or on the lake more then I am, but I get out more then the average man.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I think the average hunter hunts the weekends and may take a week off a year to deer hunt. The average guy may spend more on gear than he can afford. I think the average hunter may only get a deer 2 out of 3 years.

I classify myself as an addict. I spend over a 100 days every year in the stand. I spend a ton of money on gear and shoot mutilple deer in multiple states. I'm sick, sick, sick.

Leave a comment:

• A question posed yesterday has me wondering; What do you personally consider an average deer hunter? What criterion do you use

A question posed yesterday has me wondering; What do you personally consider an average deer hunter? What criterion do you use for your classification? What type of hunter do you consider yourself?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad