Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headed to SouthEast Ohio to bowhunt First week of November. So far that's all i know. Anyone know that area? Is there signifigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to SouthEast Ohio to bowhunt First week of November. So far that's all i know. Anyone know that area? Is there signifigan

Headed to SouthEast Ohio to bowhunt First week of November. So far that's all i know. Anyone know that area? Is there signifigant Public Access Land in that part of the state? DNR land? I was invited, but so far the only definite is we have a place to stay. I figure that time of year i will find some deer. Anyone who know's, I'll take some free Advice.

I would reccommend going to the ODNR website for a public access map. You will find plenty of public access around Wayne National Forest. I would suggest google maps to locate public land near the private corn/soy fields. That will give you the best of both works.

Lots of nice bucks are taken every year out of the Wayne National Forest.

I think you picked the right week to go. The rut will be in full swing and the big boys will be running dadylight hours. Take everything you have in way of rattles, grunt tube, doe scent and fawn bleat.

Comment

As an-ex killer of Southeastern OH bucks, I concur that you picked the perfect time to go. The bucks will be going wild. Don't be afraid to pass up that 8 or 10 pointer. He's probably only 2 1/2 years old, and Mister Longtine McHeavyrack is probably about to show up.

Comment

Looking forward to it. Unfortunately it means i'll miss my primetime in PA. I know Ohio has better bucks, but I love where i go in PA. Shane, i'll be holding out for at least a personal best buck.

Comment

Good to hear. Good luck.

If you get that big one, have fun dragging. He'll be over 200 easy.

Comment

Agreed with buckhunter answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad