Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think you had an article on mineral deer licks that you blend into the soil. Could you tell what the minerals was and where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    http://www.fieldandstream.com/forums/hunting/saltmineral-attractants

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    I have heard that making your own can save you cash but I worry about using the right mix. Trial and error may not be the cheapest unless there are few errors.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I buy the 50 lb mineral block at my local feed and seed. Dig a shallow depression and drop it in the middle. Put it in a place with good cover and hang a trail cam about 10 ft away aimed 2 feet above the lick. That will get you pics of most of your local deer. They will pretty much stop hitting it in Sep. I used this method to get trailcam pics of the 10 pt buck in my photo.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Remember the salt block has to be on the dirt. I have a lick on my farm almost 2 feet deep now just by using cheap salt blocks.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    I agree, look towards the feed stores and you will save a great deal of cash and bee just as effective!

Leave a comment:

• kvlazer22
    replied
    Here is the link...

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    Check out the message boards we've been discussing this for a while. Any livestock mineral will work and you can get them at any farm store i.e. Tractor Supply or Orschelns or at your local feed mill. You'll save a lot of money over buying the stuff for deer.

Leave a comment:

• I think you had an article on mineral deer licks that you blend into the soil. Could you tell what the minerals was and where

I think you had an article on mineral deer licks that you blend into the soil. Could you tell what the minerals was and where to get them. thank you

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    This week was especially heavy on rock songs. I also got stuck in the 80’s. I realized soon into it that by far most of my movie watching was from that...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
    09-16-2021, 11:01 PM
  • Reply to Bust gun buying trip
    by fitch270
    Actually the show itself wasn’t too bad, it was the 5 hour round trip eating up the beautiful day that hurt. I come home from most of them empty handed...
    Yesterday, 11:41 PM
  • Bust gun buying trip
    by fitch270
    Headed to Syracuse Sunday for the big fall gun show. Had a pocket full of cash and was looking to spend it. Wanted a stainless .270, a synthetic 12 gauge...
    Yesterday, 09:41 PM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by Milldawg
    As a business owner and an employee rising wages are good and bad. As a business owner I lose profit that I can spend on things that actually drive the...
    Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X