Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which is harder to kill in terms of just being smarter or takeing more lead the whitetail or the muledeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is harder to kill in terms of just being smarter or takeing more lead the whitetail or the muledeer?

which is harder to kill in terms of just being smarter or takeing more lead the whitetail or the muledeer?

Whitetails are much more wary than mulies.

Comment

Whitetails on average are more wary than Mule Deer, but I have seen heavily hunted Mulies that were just as wary. In general I would say wariness is a product pressure (hunting or otherwise) and the whitetails probably see more on a day to day basis.

Comment

I find my 22-250 drops both monster mule deer and whitetails with one shot just as dead! The real difference between the two is whitetails will run to the next county when spooked whereas mulies will stop just before going over the ridge and turn broadside to see if they are being pursued and to check you out. That’s when you take that shot!

Comment

I've never hunted whitetails. But mulies get kind of wary too, with their big ears and all.

Comment

I would say that the age of the Buck, and the Hunting pressure would play a big part in terms of warriness. I've seen that both bigger Mule and Whitetail Deer Bucks are spookier than Stephen King during rifle season! Overall, the smaller (and younger-dumber?) Mule Deer Bucks are less warry than Whitetail Bucks of the same age.

Comment

Since Whitetails are generally more pressured, i would say they are probably harder to kill. Muledeer are usually hunted at longer rangers, so it is easier not to be noticed by them.

Comment

I would agree that whitetails are generally more wary but mulies will take more lead. generally speaking of course.

Comment

If a mule deer was pushing 30 inches inside I don't think I would count of him stopping for me to shoot him based on my experiences. Young bucks yeah they sometimes will pause to look back. Sometimes a loud whistle from your mouth will stop them. Both species can pack lead if not hit in the right spot with a good bullet. Both can be wary in their own way and both sometimes can act plain stupid but usually not the big ole boys.

Comment

whitetails spook really easily but i cant really say because i have never hunted mulies

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad