Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people use for mineral licks. What do you put in and how much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Del and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    I put a 50lb salt or mineral lick form the feed store on the ground and the deer love it. But I have to take it away before season starts. I also use Buckjam and pour it into a rotton stump so it soaks in. Also if you have access to persimmons, through a whole bunch of them on the ground for them to eat.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Red mineral salt. In my state the blocks constitute bait. If you use the loose salt and work it into the soil lightly it works very well, add a new bag about every 4-6 months. Costs less than $5 at the feed store.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    I've been doing it for 4 years and no luck.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    salt blocks work very well. I suggest putting them directly on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    The ones I use are red 50 lb blocks from the local feed and seed. Much cheaper than the stuff at Cabela bass pro etc, and does the same job. Also if you have access to an apple orchard. Deer love apples and don't care if they are wormy or old.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Yep, I've never done it, but as Brad said mineral blocks or salt workers good. You must keep it refreshed, when it rains it dissolves.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I use the 50 lb mineral blocks at the feed store. The yellow ones. I also put a liquid on there from wally world or some fresh fruit to get the smell out that'll get them coming in.

Leave a comment:

• What do people use for mineral licks. What do you put in and how much.

What do people use for mineral licks. What do you put in and how much.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad