Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luvtohunt722
    replied
    After the introduction of BreakUp Infinity from Mossy Oak, I would have to go with MO. Their new camouflage looks incredible. I can't wait to use it in the woods next season.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Mossy Oak for me!!!

Leave a comment:

• JKeefer
    replied
    Ive had deer walk within 10 yards of me while wearing red and black dirt bike gear a few weeks before bow season. Its about motion and scent/wind. Pick whatever is comfortable, durable, and doesnt send you to the poor house.

Leave a comment:

• Woodster09
    replied
    I agree with the point that deer can't really tell the difference, all that matters is if it breaks up your sihouette. Mossy Oak and Realtree's patterns both have their advantages. I think what it mostly comes down to is which pattern won't give away your coveted hunting spot to others.

Leave a comment:

• NYhunter
    replied
    both!

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    realtree

Leave a comment:

• RyanDilley7
    replied
    Mossy Oak, but I also cover myself in plants native to the area that I'm hunting at.

Leave a comment:

• Hoytbowhunter
    replied
    Realtree

Leave a comment:

• 2Poppa
    replied
    Mossy Oak, I love it in the original pattern, in the Polar Tuff!

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    I wear a Mossy Oak jacket with Real Tree bibs, as far as I know, the animals never noticed or cared much.

Leave a comment:

• blondy
    replied
    mossy oak has better cammo than retree so i'd go with mossy oak

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    FIG LEAF

GO NATIVE!

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    I have both but have been trying to get new camo without so much black in it. Sticks out like a sore thumb from a distance. Look around the woods and there is very little truly black except in the deep dark shadows. If I want to blend in with the shadows I can just go into them.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    I get a real chuckle from the guys with an all new camo suit complete with legally required fluorescent vest and a shiny rifle and scope be they blue or stainless silver. Good camo can't hurt anything but where I hunt I'm not convinced it is a benefit except for waterfowl. Probably does matter in some woods where I have never hunted if you match things properly. So I don't know Mossy Oak from Realtree and can't rightfully offer an opinion that is based on experience.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Used to be a Mossy Oak guy, now I don't favor one. It's subjective to the situation. One is better for certain places and seasons than the other.

I do have to say that lately, it seems that Realtree has more outline breaking qualities, to my eyes at least. This is probably the most important aspect of camo. You could be neon and have it work if it broke up your "human form."

There is more than just chocolate and vanilla. There are some small brand patterns that look pretty durned good too...

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to I paid more taxes than Trump in 16 and 17
    by bowhunter75richard
    The fact check proves nothing unless from a reliable and unbiased source. And any information from his POS attorney means nothing either, just WTF would...
    Today, 06:22 PM
  • I paid more taxes than Trump in 16 and 17
    by rock rat
    Both years he paid $750

And of the 15 years before that he paid no taxes in 10 of those years.

He works as hard at tax avoidance...
    Yesterday, 06:29 PM
  • Reply to Bad news for COVID-19 "cases"!
    by Danbo
    Just looking for ammunition that they didn't have.

My head was hung a little 😉

They have three guns left all Savage bolts...
    Today, 06:16 PM
  • Bad news for COVID-19 "cases"!
    by FirstBubba
    We know COVID-19 deaths are wildly inflated.
    NOW... by the CDC's own definition, COVID-19 "cases" are even more wildly exaggerated!...
    Today, 10:45 AM
  • Reply to Trump
    by 99explorer
    When Donald Trump first exploded on the political scene, he was an unpredictable rule breaker and neither the news media nor anyone else knew how to handle...
    Today, 06:08 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X